1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Walleye help?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by rossco, Jul 18, 2011.

1. The fins aren't on yet but something bugs me about the fish. I can't put my finger on what it is that needs to change... Any suggestions? [​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

2. bowhunr

bowhunr New Member

Might just be a shadow but there is a noticeable line and darker colour change near the caudal fin. Also, the yellow/gold on the side looks a bit too solid in colour. Looks like you tried to creat a blotchy pattern but maybe you could accentuate the scales edges with a back angled light fog of black (go easy though). The sides look a bit too yellow and might need a shot of mellow gold. The back looks a bit washed out. I would darken the back up a bit more. Maybe that fish had it but not sure I like the white tip running all the way along the anal fin. Isn't it usually white at just the tip like the caudal. All fish are different though. Hope this helps..all in all it's not that bad a paint job though.

3. topnotch

topnotch Member

Dark spot near tail
    Bring some white spots up the side
    Add some flesh tones

Looks to gold but some are like that depending on water

4. bnoody

bnoody Member

I think your yellow is a little bright in the middle of the body. If your looking for a dark walleye tone that down a little. Be careful not to turn it into a perch, You can add some irregular baring in the body, but it can get away from you fast. Also your white belly transition into the yellow should be a little more gradual. Make those changes and I think you will have a great looking walleye.