1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big WT forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by montana art, Jul 18, 2011.

1. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Where do ya'll excuse my accent, find forms for deer from North three hundred pound range? 7, 7.5 x25x29 short y cut so no extra stretching

2. the god mother

the god mother New Member

here
    try dan chase he has steroid deer form...

3. WG Taxidermist

WG Taxidermist Natural Image Taxidermy

Yeah Dan Chase has very detailed forms. I just mounted a 8x28 inch wall pedestal that I got from Joe Coombs that worked really well with a lot of detail..

4. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Most of the suppliers carry big forms...

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Chase forms don't hold a candle to the other suppliers out there. Foam is pure crap, detail non-existent, muscle structures over accented. Most of the original line was stolen from someone else anyway. McKenzie carries a full line as does Joe Coombs or Danny Foster. At least they sculpted their own.

BTW I've shot some really big Canadian bruisers and mounted a few more, but I've yet to see a 29 inch whitetail right under the chin.

6. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    thanks to all for the replies, I have been using Joe's,but customer wanted something different. I found some Matt Thompson this a.m. Yes George I too have a problem with the other co.My personal opinion,not for anyone else to go by in making their choices. These measurements are from guide supposed to be accurate but we'll see, he has been on the money in the past. And it was 25 at the chin. still big huh??? my thoughts too.

7. jt

jt Member

PA
    Revolution has some big whitetail forms as well.

8. I just mounted three Canadian deer on Ben Mears forms and they fit very well . Gary

9. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

What George said about Chase. You might take look at Lancaster's Monster series sold thru TruFitt. Great for fit but lacking somewhat in "artsy flair".

10. nitt

nitt Member

Joe coombs like um great stuff slow shipping I think though most companies get me my orders in 3 days or less him usually week or week n half

11. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Delivery time depends on where you are, I suppose. Most of my Coombs forms are here24-48 hrs after placing the order. I am only 150 miles from him. I saw a guy mount on a Coombs 27" manikin at the MS workshop last Saturday...that thing was HUGE! He said the deer was from up north, and weighed over 300 lbs

12. George

A friend and I went to Saskatchewan a few years back and he shot an absolute monster that weighed 375 pounds after field dressing it. It had a 27 inch neck under the chin. I used the Coombs form on it and it fit nicely. It still looks like a tank hanging on the wall with his other deer.

13. Revolution Taxidermy Supply has one called the "Intimidator". It's a brute.

8 X 26 1/2 X 31 1/2 and 8 1/8 X 28 X 33

1-877-738-3676

www.revolutiontaxidermysupply.com

14. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

I like the look of alot of the Coombs forms. The face just does not seem to fit our local deer in any size. Things just aren't in the right place. I often lop the head off and change it out. Starting to like the Revolution forms more and more. Haven't tried the super big ones yet.

15. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Modify ANY form on the market.

16. ChoppTax

ChoppTax New Member

Most definitely Revolution. They also have several different head sizes they can put on a form.

17. nube

nube Member

SIRIUS TAXIDERMY Saskatchewan Canada. Thye make the right sized forms for big deer

18. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Thanks guys I'll look at them all, I knew there had to be one somewhere from Canada.

19. George

LOL If you get one shipped to North Carolina from Canada, you'll likely have enough invested to mold your own. I've never heard of SIRIUS but I know there's a helluva lot of pirating going on up there with only one or two reputable suppliers.

20. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Revolution Taxidermy Supply!!!