1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just finished up this otter

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Matt, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

I don't do alot of these, but like working with them. I added alittle more twist and size to the body. This form was really nice to work with.

Attached Files:

2. DavidB

DavidB Member

Beautiful Matt.

3. krusher167

krusher167 New Member

man i would love to get my hands on an otter once i get some more experience, excellent work on a beautiful creature....

4. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

That looks very nice Matt. I have 3 in my pond that ate everything out there. They are going to make nice mounts! ;)

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Very nice! The worse part of mounting an otter is skinning the fishy smelling things! That is a very creative pose, thanks for posting.

6. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Nice to see something a little different. Good job!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

expression looks fantastic matt, great job

8. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Very nice Matt.

9. A great mount Matt, one of my favourite of all the weasel tribe. Thanks for sharing, wishing you well, stargazer.

10. Very nice one day I would like to give one a try if one day ever gets here LOL

11. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Great job Matt!

12. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Nice job Matt

13. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Oh otters! LOL

Real nice one there. I have that form and need to make parts smaller to fit a nearly all white one I got off a fur buyer a bunch of years ago.

Fun to trap them, and I even like skinning them. Sometimes the most fun part of taxidermy for me is skinning and fleshing.

14. Fantastic as always Matt! I need to get lighting in my studio like yours so my pictures turn out halfway decent. Excellent mount and great photography!

15. Sweet mount - I had a pair of otter in my pond last fall and hope to get a WI Trap tag this year.

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks guys and gals, I appreciate the comments. Leslie, the great pics are courtesy of my wife who is the professional when it comes to pics. She takes them in her studio for me.

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful mount! Love the pose.

18. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

Sweet job Matt !

19. Great looking mount, Matt. I don't know much about Otters but the expression and look to the face looks great. Congrats on a great looking mount.......Marco

20. Now I like that. Great work Matt.

........dirt