1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone else get this email from a company called Live eyes ?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ted B, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Was checking my email this morning and got this, anyone else gotten this email ???

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Katya Goncharova, I represent Live Eyes PLC, a leading
    manufacturer of high-quality plastic eyes from Belarus (in business
    since 1998).

We are now developing a new line of products: eyes for professional
    taxidermy. Today, we already can offer over 230 types of eyes for
    animals and birds in sizes from 8 to 36 mm.

We work closely with the best taxidermists in Belarus and abroad to
    create the most natural-looking eyes. We would like to cooperate with
    you and hear your opinion and recommendations regarding our products.

In return, we promise to create the best taxidermy eyes in the market
    and offer the best possible prices.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] and we will
    send you a catalog and samples of eyes (free of charge, of course).
    We really need your professional opinion about our products!

Thank you very much in advance!

--
    Best Regards,
    Katya Goncharova
    International Sales
    [email protected]

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Cool!

3. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Ted,

I did and took them up on it. I have received the eyes that I requested and have used a pair on a Whitetail. I also got some other misc eyes. The verdict is still out on them but will share my opinion with you later.

Brad

4. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

5. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Thx Brad, I guess I will see what they are like.

6. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I got same email... but I just deleted it...was just fish eyes... I dont do fish LOL but wouldnt mind seeing deer/antelope etc if they send you some Let us know if you try them :)

7. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I have used them on a whitetail. I have received coyote, cat, and some bird eyes. They did not even have any fish eyes that I could see on thier website.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Googled. :D
    http://eyes4taxidermy.com/

9. Hey guys!
    Just wanted to let you know that I finally got that shipment of sample eyes from Live Eyes - I was starting to think it was a hoax, but today I got a package from Belarus filled with the 14pairs of eyes I picked out!

Yes, it took a long time - but the eyes look better than I expected. And, they were free.
    I didn't see any fish eyes on the site - most if not all are mammal (maybe a few birds too). Just wanted to let you know that the email was real and the eyes did arrive!

Attached Files:

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Where the hell is Belarus? ???

11. The writing on the label looks like Russian?

It's between Russia and Poland - right above.... Chernobyl? ....AAAAH! Nuclear eyes!!!!
    No wonder they seem to have a "glow". No seriously, when I unwrapped them - they are really nice plastic eyes. The crocodile ones I ordered are beautifully made.

Attached Files:

12. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

Russia Lite.........

13. mmt

mmt Member

I got an email from them but no offer of free eyes. :'(

14. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

anybody got a set of eys they want to sell? I have an idea for these things. ;D

15. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Yeah ... Barnum was right! These look a lot like the eyes I used when I was starting out in the late sixties, early seventies ... flat backed glass eyes with "natural veining and the blue glint" originally introduced around the 1940's!
    [​IMG]
    Some of their eyes look even worse! But what the hell, they are space age plastic ... and cheap! :eek: Go for it! ::)

Oh ... this one is rich! These are listed as eyes for the Pallas Cat.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://eyes4taxidermy.com/index.php?productID=822
    They look uncannily like their Wildcat eyes!
    [​IMG]
    http://eyes4taxidermy.com/index.php?productID=798
    "Pallas Cat 18/14 mmFelis manul
    Pallas's Cat , also called Manul, is a small wild cat named after the naturalist Peter Simon Pallas, who first described the species in 1776. In 2002, the IUCN classified Pallas's cat as near threatened because of the broad but patchy distribution in the grasslands and montane steppe of Central Asia. The species is negatively impacted by habitat degradation, prey base decline, and hunting. Pallas's cat is about the size of a domestic cat, at 46 to 65 centimetres long, not including its 21 to 31 centimetres tail, and a weight of 2.5 to 4.5 kilograms. The combination of its stocky posture and long, dense fur makes it appear stout and plushy.

Diameter, mm: 18/14

US $5.16
    (price per pair) "

The Pallas Cat is the only small cat species that does not have slit pupils, as seen here in these photos of live Pallas Cats!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Never mind the eyes they show for Serval and Caracal ...
    Oye ...
    [​IMG]

But ... enjoy!

16. alexm

alexm New Member

I got some of there bird eyes they looked okay just a little flat compared to euro color good till you get real close the price was right ;)

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    The big problem is ... there is 'plastic', and then there is Acrylic. Acrylic is more durable than 'plastic'. But like I say, if you want to go cheap ... then go for it. Just be prepared for scratches - deep scratches - fogging and hazing, and don't dare get any type of solvent on them while painting or cleaning. And also remember ... you are looking to put these toy eyes in client mounts. You may be very careful with them while handling and mounting them, but what happens when your client - the person you are working for, the person who is paying you - goes to clean the mount, and the eyes end up all scratched. Like I say, you want to go cheap ... then go for it. As for myself, I will stick with the old reliable, time tested, and correctly made crystal glass eyes. I charge enough for my work to warrant putting in 250IQ if I choose ... and more often than not, that's exactly what I use. I just cannot buy into this buy cheap crap for my clients mentality. It used to be quality was what most concerned us ... now it's any old POS goes! And that's a damned shame![​IMG]

18. Wow, there's been a whole thread about us here :)
    The big problem, John, is that some people try to judge things they have never seen or tried... "Plastic" is a catch-all term for a huge number of compounds with various characteristics. We make our eyes from polyether resins which are in fact HARDER than acrylic. They are resistant to most solvents, they don't fog or haze, and many people actually prefer them to glass eyes because they have a "warmer" glow. You are free to use any eyes you like but calling other people's products that you have never seen or used "cheap crap" is a little over the top.

19. I would be very interested in some fish eyes if available.

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Me too