1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need some help with ear butts

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by eliscull, Jul 23, 2011.

1. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    not sure where they r to be exactly on the form. No smart ass comments plz. i know they belong on the side of the head. i have problems putting clay on the earliners and it working out right. seems like the ears i have been doing r far back on the head. kind of past the curve they give you in the form and i end up not having enough clay. I'm looking for some pics or anything showing me how much and exactly where they shoulf be. here is a pic of my first deer i mounted for a customer. someone stated here that my ear butts are off. can someone explain or help me plz. i have only mounted two prior of my own and i'll put pics of one if needed. i just don't have any yet of it on this computer.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

It looks like your ears need to up closer to the antlers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Otherwise that's a fine looking deer :)

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The butts aren't your biggest issue. The antlers are set wrong and if you pit the down as they belong you'll find the butts aren't that far off.

4. shammy

shammy New Member

George is right on. Antlers need to be tilted back, then taxi the skin and ears up some. but make sure they stay on the side of the head.

5. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    thank you guys...this is my third deer ever. next time I'll keep this all in mind. thanks for the help i appreciate it all.