1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone Else Bothered by This?

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Light Rail Coyote, Jul 23, 2011.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

So Omnivore, what's your involvement here. You simply can't cure stupid. If anyone in America is stupid enough to buy feathers off this seller, the onus is on THEM not the seller. All I've seen in this post is "I'm STUPID and I need to be protected from making stupid decisions." If she's violating the law IN AUSTRALIA, then that's an issue between her and Australia. I suppose being the internet Gestapo and notifying her government might stop her, but what do YOU gain from it. You are not your brothers keeper. Get a life. Obey the laws that pertain to YOU and let others do the same.

2. Allie

Allie Active Member

When feathers are outlawed, only outlaws will have feathers.

3. Omnivore

Omnivore New Member

Mr. Roof, I'm sure anyone bothering to read past the first post has some kinda curiosity about whether or not it's legal. The answer to that is "no", and yes, I do think if I were her I would want to know that from Internet strangers before hearing it from a court. If someone is doing something illegal and seems to have no knowledge that it's illegal or someone asks about its legality as it might affect them, I reserve my buttinsky right to satisfy my own curiosity and say "oh hey, looks like it's not. You might not want to do that thing because hey it is illegal."

I'm not saying I morally find something wrong with using found feathers; I'm not saying I'm going to contact her or threaten her. And, while we're on the subject Mr. Roof, who is in more need of a life- the one who gets ruffled over someone breaking the law, or the one who gets ruffled at the first one ruffled?

Food for thought.

4. Allie

Allie Active Member

This, from someone who eats everything!

5. General Lee

General Lee Member

I have a question!....Do Owls taste like chicken? 8)

6. George

More like Bald eagle.

7. Omnivore

Omnivore New Member

What can I say? When I find delicious information, I eat it! ;D

8. General Lee

General Lee Member

;D ;D ;D

9. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

And you truly are a wealth of information! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

10. George

No Light the "wealth of information" is the Internet. And just think, it's as close as the TAB key. LOL ;D ;D ;D

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That made me LOL! :)

Now to the original question "Anyone Else Bothered by This?".............hell NO! Not at all. When people violate outdated stupid laws I just smile. Kinda like the cops pulling me over on my 4 wheeler at 11:00 PM the other night, I didn't thin it was near the big deal he did :)

12. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

If you own a horse, you are not allowed to ride said horse at night with out tail lights.

actual Texas Law LOL

13. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

:D Good one! :D