1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rick Carter Taxidermy Classes - New Photos added 7/14/16

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Carter, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Re: Rick Carter Taxidermy Classes - New Photos added 5/22/14

Denton Cline's finished deer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dcline

Dcline New Member

I spent a great week learning competition level techniques from Rick. Time flew by as Rick shared with me a little bit of his vast wealth of knowledge. Rick is a great teacher! Thank you Rick for an incredible learning experience

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Rick's skills and knowledge is over the top. I'm sure you were taught more than one can retain. Your head looks nice by the way. You did what everyone should do. Train with one of the elite's.

4. Rick Carter

I have openings in August

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Rick, are you offering people your mouth casting and casting material class as one on one there too?

6. Rick Carter

Yes. I only need to be sure we can get specimens. If someone doesn't already have them we would have to wait until after deer season opens.

7. Rick Carter

September is open! Call now. 706 247 3681

8. Rick Carter

Still time to polish up for the Nationals!

9. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

Great pics of students at work Rick...

10. Rick Carter

[​IMG]

Scott Davis of Bakersfield, CA came a couple weeks ago for some more advanced classes. We mounted a deer and went all out on this Texas Bobcat with a custom rock habitat. Scott's work has improved tremendously since he was here last time about 4 years ago.

11. Rick Carter

I just got this email from Danny Willoughby who came for a class last week. It's good to hear that you helped someone and they appreciated it.

Rick,

I just wanted to thank you again for all your help during our week working together. The class exceeded my expectations and we had a lot of fun also. I appreciate all the knowledge and experience you shared with me. All the techniques and methods you taught me were great to learn, but what I really liked was the mindset and inspiration you gave me. Your attention to detail has given me a new attitude in the way I look at things. This attention to detail and the concept of working from the inside out to create a life-like mount can be applied to anything I create. Even though you do teach certain methods, your inspiration to think outside the box, open my mind and not get all caught up in a procedure was my biggest gain. It was all well worth the time and money, as I walked away with things you can't put a price on.

I hope we can stay in touch not just on a professional level, but to also remain friends. I don't have Facebook, so feel free to post this on your page.

Take care,
    Danny

12. Rick Carter

Scott Davis' Bobcat made it on the cover of Taxidermy Today Magazine!

Received this message from Scott!
    This was my second time with Rick Carter. This time we focused on competition techniques for deer and mounting a bobcat. We also spent a day discussing and making a habitat and altering a form and discussing casting techniques. The week far exceeded my expectations and I'm surprised we were able to fit so much in 7 days. Not only is Rick a great taxidermist, but he is a great teacher who knows how to impart knowledge. Last time I saw a huge improvement in my mounts after visiting Rick and this time I expect the same with what I've learned. Also, both he and Nikkie were very accomodating. Every day Rick picked me up and dropped me off at my hotel and we ate some good food throughout the week as well. If you are stuck and want to take your work up to the next level, I recommend Rick's one-on-one classes. He taylors the class to meet your needs.