1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Moose Antler mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by elk74, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Here's something I thought I would try, never saw it done before with a cast rock instead of a wood plaque.
    What do you think?
    [im[​IMG]g][/img]
    [​IMG]][/img]

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I kind of like it. Its different. Nice work, and nice idea!

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

4. Jdewitt27

Jdewitt27 New Member

I like it! Was it any harder than mounting it to wood plaque?

5. not really ,instead of taking the time to build and finish a plaque I spent my time moulding,casting and painting a rock,witch I preffer over wood work.Different I geuss.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I don't care for it,, maybe if the rock covered the skull plate also, as if one rock, that would look better to me.

7. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

I like it.

I would if it was mine take some Gold Rope and go around the edge of the black edge to just fill in the cut .

8. nice

9. Thanks for commenting everyone,Mr T, I thought about doing it that way but opted to do it the way I did just cause, mabey next time.Edgewater,I actually used a black rope to finish it but due to the small diameter rope I used and the crappy camera its impossible to see in the pics, gold would have showed up alot better thats for sure,oh well.Thanks for looking.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

That's something I'd like above my fireplace. Looks great! The rock is very unique, I've never seen it done like that before. It's very cool looking.