1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st Pedestal Mount. critiques welcome

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by doedumatch, Jul 25, 2011.

1. doedumatch

doedumatch New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OutbackJack

OutbackJack New Member

PA
    looks like a good mount but no close up pictures. One thing on the habitat. It looks good and its simple but lose the red/ orange grass. Its seriously draws my eye to it instead of the mount. Great Job and keep it up!

3. timwilly

timwilly I lost my agenda !!!

I like it.......Nice solid, well groomed mount. You did well !!

4. kendall1987

kendall1987 New Member

Looks very good.what did you use for the habitat base?

5. doedumatch

doedumatch New Member

I started with a 2x4 frame them 3/4 plywood for the bottom. Barn wood for the base trim. I used expanding spray foam to make the bottom look uneven. Then used elmers glue and "painted" the foam and sprinkled dirt hat I had sprayed and sealed tight in a container for a few days to kill any bugs. After I had the dirt on the foam I mixed water and elmers and sprayed the dirt to seal it down and give it a wet look. The post is an old hedge wood fence post and I got the grasses from michaels craft store.

6. buckhunter76

buckhunter76 New Member

don't change nothing, to each is his own.

7. Very nice! I love the barn wood!

8. VERRY NICE!!!! Good job on your first ped love the habitat and your buck looks awesome :)

9. krollh

krollh New Member

Very nice, mount and base.
    I like the mount against the post much better than on top. I plan on my next personal mount to be very similar.