1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wolverine

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by alan webfoot, Jul 29, 2011.

1. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

wish I could post a picture of the wolverine I just finished ,tried with the same camera but now it say ''image too large'' never had trouble with it before,,this brute turned out awesome!!thanks to a good form and and a super hide

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Go to paint , than make it smaller , like 50 x 50

3. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Alan,
    Use photobucket. Import to it and then use the cursor to select the pic and when the bar opens select the img code and copy it and post to the post you are making. Once you do it you will never have any more worries about posting pics. Oh yeah, no fur?! ;D

In the mean time send the pics to me and i will get you posted.
    Jim

4. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

yeah yeah yeah you got me on that one Jim ,,err ummmm it was for a customer who brought me a couple of nice turkeys ,and casually mentioned getting something really unique for the area,,so I got on line here and made a good buy from akntrp [Alaskan trapper Mike Willard]had the hide paid for and was here in a matter of days.Turned out nice,I want to put a deer leg or something like it on the base as though he's defending it ,but do whitetails live that far north??

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

do you mean wolverines live that far south....wolvers and whitetails in montana

6. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

how about a caribou leg or moose etc..? gotta watch those sneaky customers else you end up being a full time taxi.. :eek: ;D

7. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

byrdman no I meant north ,,reffering to the ''whitetail part of it as I don't have a caribou leg skin to work with.I didn't know how far north whitetails range ,I know Alberta and all over Canada but Alaska ???

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

oh was just saying wolverines are in montana as well as lower canada as well as whitetails...so would not be wrong to use whitetail leg.......I did see some dall sheep and mt. goat legs for sale

9. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

thanks I was also thinking blacktail leg cant be that far from looking like a white tail leg or am I wrong the tarsal gland is different I know !!