1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Awesome Job Missouri Taxidermists Association!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by kbauman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Once again this year, the MTA put on an outstanding show. If I heard correctly, there were around 130+ mounts. Doug Pettig and board did an excellent job making a taxidermy convention run smooth as silk. Seems like Lance Van Dusen was the big winner with a ls lamb, James Graham had a totally smoking whitetail, Cole won with a white bass, Codi won a BOC with a coyote, Psycho won something big and looked completely psycho shoving Vermiculite down a gators mouth with a stick. I am sure Codi has tons of photos, she will share with all. Again, thank you for having me back this year, it was a honor to be a part of such a well ran event.

2. irishme

irishme New Member

;) CONGRATS COLE, CODI, PSYCO AND TO ALL THAT COMPETED

3. Thanks for coming again Ken, I didn't compete with whitetails this year, but did sit
    in your seminar.
    Very informative and for some reason, Ken kept wanting to mold Codi's finger? ;D

I thought the seminars were super and having a fricken live alligator running around the seminar
    room made it quite interesting. People stood on their chairs even, once.
    Psycho made it a very fun seminar.

Great time, those that didnt make it, missed a good one.

Great job MTA officers, board and all who worked hard to put it together.

4. Congrats to all! Yes, it was quite entertaining to watch Psycho demonstrate his method of stuffing a crocodile, then inviting everyone to feel it to see how firm it was! LMAO!!!

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Suprdave did okay himself. He tied for the highest scoring Professional mount...with himself. Dave had a monster black crappie and a turkey that both won Best of Categories.

Thanks Kenneth for coming to our show again and judging our whitetails. I thought all four judges did a great job. It's a tough job and you guys made it look easy. I see Randy will be heading to Oklahoma next year to judge your fish. You guys have some great fish taxidermists in that state (yourself included) so it should be fun for Randy. I'm sure Codi is working hard re-touching and sizing the photographs from the show. As soon as she gets them ready I'll get them on the website so everyone can see them. We had some great pieces this year, but someone had better step up next year and offer Lance a challenge. That boy is on a tear winning 4 Breakthroughs and a Best in World in his last 5 shows!

6. I was shocked how well I did, I have mounted many turkeys and fish, but never entered
    either in a show. Now I have to play with you big guys.

I owe it all to RogerV for the great turkey instruction and Rick Krane with his excellent videos.

7. Re:Missouri Taxidermists Association! (some pictures)

Thanks to the MTA, the board members, president, secretary, judges, and seminar-givers for putting on another great Missouri convention! I feel like our state's show keeps getting better year after year. I know that it must be lot of hard work for those who work behind the scenes to put the shows together, you guys are awesome! Anyone who didn't go missed out on some really cool and unique seminars, beautiful mounts, great people, and a lot of fun.

Here are a few pictures from the show. The award photos will be on the MTA website http://www.missouritaxidermist.org/ soon! If anyone wants a print sized copy of their award photo emailed to them you can PM me here or email me at [email protected]

Kenneth gave a super seminar about molding and casting.
    [​IMG]

Randy Pike's seminar was about composition and design.
    [​IMG]

Kent Reedy giving a critique.
    [​IMG]

Mitch Webb mounting a boar.
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Lawrence doing some fish painting.
    [​IMG]

Psycho Dan tearing up a gator.
    [​IMG]

Debbie and Stephanie, our past and present secretaries.
    [​IMG]

Vickie and her son with their pet.
    [​IMG]

My blackjack buddy learning some fancy shuffling tricks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bowling night (Team Awesome) Not pictured are team Hoosiers and Team Fo'cher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pictures from the show room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Nice. Looks like I missed a good show.

9. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Dang Codi, looks like I have some type of neurological problem. Must be the fumes from all the casting materials.

10. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

No wonder I can't get my casts to come out right. I didn't realize I had to hold my face like that when doing them.

11. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Ken thanks for coming to the Missouri show. It was nice to see you again. Thank you to the MTA board and members that make the show go so smooth. Codi thank you or taking the time to set up all your equipment and or taking the fantastic pictures of the show.

Thank you to Vicki Myers or bringing gator boy to my seminar and feeling how firm my "stuff" was.

A GREAT BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Cindy Cunningham! Cindy made my weekend the best because she gave me my very own living baby alligator who now has appropriately been named F O C K E R. LOL He is cleaning up on the worms and I will have to buy him another dozen tomorrow! He has even ate a leech. Clint couldn't resist and had to throw one in with him. LOL He is now my traveling companion and when I get back home I will post some pics.

It is refreshing to go to the MTA because they welcome out of state competitors and treat them like family.

Thank you everyone! Dan

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

F o c k e r

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks to everyone that put on the show I had a great time. Whach you say!!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

14. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

15. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Whose the old guy with the flat feet and blue ball. (Pay back)

16. Was he too tight to rent shoes?

17. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I think the bowling shoes had spray adhesive on them. You almost fell each time you bowled. It was a great time, and a great show. Codi and I brought the heat for the bottom end of the scoring brackets . LOL.

Had a lot of laughs, and you know when you room with Cole, and Psycho, you will see things that shouldn't be brought up again....

for instance, I walk into our room, and Psycho is sitting on our toilet, live gator in one hand, and turning the shower on with the other......

I shook my head, and went on about my day. LOLOLOLOL.

18. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Dan is a multi talented individual, I must say.

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I thought you said you were going to be quiet. What about that guy that was trying to get the other obe to cuddle with him in bed. LOL :D