1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First (and only?) elk!

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Head Hunting Iowan, Aug 2, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Sorry for the awkward pose, it was hard picking it up with the jaw and holding it all together lol. I had to hunch over it to balance it all. It was the guys first elk and he was pissed because he knows they get bigger. I think he should be happy with this.

2. Nice job looks great. Those seconds' are huge. Hope my first elk is that big!!

3. Nice work.

The dude should be happy with that elk - my first one was about that size, the last one I shot was on the last day of the hunt - 5x5 about the size of a big mule deer :eek: ;D

4. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Looks great. I like that the bottom jaw was kept with it. You usually don't see deer, cows, elk ect with the bottom jaw

5. very nice work

6. very nice elk. I'm still determined to go on an elk hunt, my grandfather tried all his life to take an elk, It was his dream, and unfortunatly he ran out of time... but I wish to carry on that dream for him and take that elk he never got too, and present it to my grandmother.

7. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Nice job!! Bugged, rotted, paste?

8. Looks very nice!

9. Rotted and soaked.

10. Fine job. And ya he should be tickled. my first elk was a spike about 18 inches tall. The bad part was it was road kill. LOL. Only one I have got.

11. chamonix

chamonix Member

Niiiiiiiice! I've done three now....and they are a "big" pain when it comes to space etc etc! But man oh man when they are done they look so cool!

12. Would love an elk for my own collection someday, lol.
    Awesome stuff!