1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

The warmest of welcomes from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I hope your summer is going well and that your fish work continues to be the best it can be for both and your clients!

What an outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took sometime this morning and looked at some truly inspiring works of fish art!
    We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of August with a couple of Anglers Alumni who work hard to share with all of us with their talent and inspiration! Mr. Jimmy Lawrence who resides out in the great state of Colorado. Jimmy took a beautiful Steelhead to the Missouri Taxidermy convention and did so well! In addition Mr. Joey Arender from Tennessee is on a roll this year! Joey took at First place Blue ribbon at the NTA show in South Dakota this year with a Largemouth and Now a First Place and other cool stuff with a Smallmouth at the Kentucky convention! Way to go Guys! It is a great thing to know these gentlemen and a great thing for to humble guys to inspire all of us!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in September!

So here we go and here is to a great August in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is a great photo of Jimmy Lawrence’s Steelhead!!! Beautiful!

[​IMG]

Here is Joeys Largemouth Bass from the NTA show.

[​IMG]

Here is Joeys Smallie fro the Kentucky show!

[​IMG]

Find inspiration to follow your passion!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. nate

nate Active Member

Really love this thread! Heres my second walleye repro!
    [​IMG]

3. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Congrats Jimmy, Joey!! Nate very nice walleye. Here is a Atlantic salmon 41 lbs. from me this week. Ollie

Attached Files:

4. JE

JE Well-Known Member

V nice Ollie, you have some big Atlantic's over there !
    John

5. wishbone

wishbone New Member

the perch coffee table..i did the perch my buddy james did the table...he did a great job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 1st custom mold/cast bass. ;)

Attached Files:

7. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

That is an awesome coffee table Wishbone!

8. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I really like the coffee table.

9. topnotch

topnotch Member

congrats on the smallie joey
    it was nice to meet you at the nationals

tyler

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

There is a gentleman that I did a large project for and he has a four year old son that just loves to go fishing. He has been sending me pictures of the fish that they have been catching out of thier pond behind the house. The little man has been catching bass and catfish on his spiderman fishing pole. It touched me that his dad would share thier fishing stories with me so I just wanted to give the little guy something to remember his times with his daddy fishing.

I purchased one of the older Arp reproductions from McKenzie and made a simple table mount for the two of them to share. It's not the best repro nor did I spend hours upon hours doing it but I think it turned out pretty nice.

[​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

11. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Very nice start to the month everyone ;)
    A couple diverse Browns for me...not the typical Great Lakes spawning males that I'm used to...
    First is a river fish from Michigan(MBNT-11) and the second a Great Lakes spawning Female(FBNT-10)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    That is two beauties Rich !! :eek: Ollie

13. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

That table is sweet!!!!

14. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Awesome work

15. bwilke

bwilke Member

Interesting request. Customers fish had a scar on it's side and they wanted highlighted to see it. First for me!

[​IMG]

16. den007

den007 Active Member

Here iis a splake that just went out. I think on the reference, the fish had been dead awhile.....looked dark.

Attached Files:

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

Mounted today will show the finished fish when its dry. Removed the head and all the fins, will install the head, anal, caudel and soft dorsal prior to rebuilding all shrinkage. Takes a little more time to skin out but makes cleaning and mounting so much easier in my opinion.

[​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

18. Heres my crappie I took to the Missouri Show

Attached Files:

• c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
  19. den007

den007 Active Member

Sweet browns Rich! I am looking at them closely to see where I can improve my own. That blue iridescent on the cheek really sets them off and looks so natural.

20. hambone

hambone Member

I'm also looking at that great lake brown, I just got one 31" long 20" girth, this fish is mostly silver with black x's for spots, the guy wanted to add some color and your fish does just that, thanks for posting a great looking fish.