1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 3, 2011.

1. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful work Manny and Cole, as usual!

2. Very inspirational work everyone. No favorites just a ton of beauty and talent.

3. Manny

Manny New Member

Thanks for all the comments on my work.
    With no formal training except what I get from here is probably why Im coming close but no cigar.

Im lacking Hydrodynamics in my fish along with some slight paint issues that I might get if I had some one on one.
    I have a daughter starting college this year and I dont see it happening anytime soon.

For now I can only credit this Forum... and everyone on it.

Thanks again everyone for all the knowledge and years of expierience you give out to those who you see trying !

4. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

i don't post in this section much. here is my first fish for a comp. I got a blue in the pro division at NCTA

Attached Files:

5. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Michael that is awesome, congratulations my friend!!

6. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Excellent job,Mr.Shipman!

7. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

thanks fellows

8. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I repainted this smallmouth yesterday, finished it up today. Its only my 2nd smallmoth I've ever done, and its a skin mount. No where as nice as you guys do, but I like it and it looks a lot like the smallmouth we catch.

Attached Files:

9. Scott M.

Scott M. New Member

Ok,
    Take it easy on me. This was my very first mount I have ever done. What a challenge it was for me. I purchased Frank Kotula's and Rick Krane's video and dove right in. I know there is a lot of room for improvement but what the heck here it is. Thank you Frank for being patient with me you are the man.
    [​IMG]

10. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Not bad for your first fish! Like always we all have room to improve on just keep on learning. It's a pleasure to talk with you on the phone while you went through this and you learned a lot from it just by talking and me getting balder lol. Any time your stuck just buss me and hopefully we can get you to another level. Some day we'll meet up and have a good drink over this. Talk soon buddy.

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Finally painted the fins, and attached them, and glossed this coho/silver salmon.

Was my first time salmon fishing in Washington. Caught it about 100' down, and fishing in 650' of water. Beautiful scenery, and awesome fighting fish.

This is a mold I aquired from a guy, and its close to the size I needed, so it worked out. I still have 2 whole frozen that I want to skinmount and mold from that trip as well.

Jimmy.

Attached Files:

12. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

16 LB. Lake Ontario "Chromer" Brown Trout
    MBNT-33

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. WOW! BMW that smallmouth is very nice. Very very graceful and natural looking. I love the fleshy feel of the fins.
    Manny the bass turned out really nice!

I dont have any fish this week, but I do have something with scales.
    A 16" Bearded dragon I finished up today for a customer. Pets are so tricky, everything has to be just right or the owner will spot it right away.
    This was skin mounted over a sculpted form based on the body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hoping next week Ill have some fish to show.

Really nice work everyone! keep em coming.

~Josh

14. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That is awesome Josh! Great work!

15. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Cool Josh..........

They are fun to do.

:)

Kerby...

16. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Incredible detail Josh........BEAUTY...........

17. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

Couple of Bluegills for me this week.

[​IMG]

18. TR

TR Member

Jimmy how big is that salmon? Looks to have a nice girth. Very nice job. Excellent job on the brown Rich. If it looked any better it would be swimmiing. I'll be towing the boat to the big pond for a month come Sunday. TR

19. These are my first custom replicas made them to go with my bear mount.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Very nice bluegill fishmedic!

Nice work on those u.p.trapper! I like the whole mount with the bear too.