1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ August 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

very nice stuff.......here's the darkest Crappie I've ever done, custom carved form with a slight curve. The first pic is the actual fish....it was truly a BLACK Crappie...lol

Attached Files:

2. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Just got my bass completed , thought i would post them on here , thank you all for your help with her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

that bass is awesome!

4. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Nice bass, just might want to tone down the color of the teeth.

5. wishbone

wishbone New Member

like the black black crappie! nice work

close to done with this FATTY

[​IMG]

6. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That's a pig wishbone. Nice mount.

7. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Thx M.T.. the flash makes it look brighter then it is but i did take some dark green and shaded it down some to take the bite out of it. Now for my next one !!

8. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice work also WNL and Wishbone................

9. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Love the fins WNL!

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

now that crappie looks sweet Brian really looks like some of the ones we have in our ponds around here

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Cole
    That white bass is awesome. They are a tough fish to nail down, and you got it.

Nice crappie Brian !

Skin mount Striper:

[​IMG]

12. UFD

UFD New Member

Tremendous work from everyone again - TMIFP continues to be a smorgasbord of fish (and a lizard ;) ) awesomeness. Aaron, it is always a treat to see the originator of this thread (you, in case you forgot, LOL) stop by and add to the gallery!

Here are several recent fish from the last month or so…

First up is a 37” Chinook Salmon replica finished from a Rich Benedict AnglingArtisan blank, of which I’d be most happy to use again:

[​IMG]

Next is a 41” Steelhead replica finished from a modified JG Replicas blank:

[​IMG]

And last is a 43” Chinook Salmon replica finished from a modified JG Replicas blank. Occasionally I have a potential client that insists that I do their fish but desires to keep the final bill as low as possible, and that was the case with this mount. In these situations the offer is made to base the paint process on my prior generation painting methods to keep time costs down. To meet their budget, the scales were tipped rather than doing my usual fully hand-painted scale technique, and other hand painting was also kept to a bare minimum with primary airbrushing being the main focus. Doing so, I was able to trim some solid chunks of time off what my current generation preferred painting methods require. Also to save a little more, they wanted to create their own display, so I supplied them with proper mounting hardware and advised them of the ideal method to secure the fish to their display. They were happy with the results and relieved to save some money from my current pricing, and I was pleased to be able to work with them:

[​IMG]

13. Its hard posting after UFD,but here goes anyway,,awsesome fish ..

14. :)...I took the frog off...

Attached Files:

15. hambone

hambone Member

Boy oh boy what a great looking bunch of fish, and UFD... well hell you already know. :D

16. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice Striper Aaron....and I just decided not to post my first King repro (also a Rich Benedict blank) maybe next month...... ;D ......Amazing work Dave....if you can see me right now, I'm the one holding up the letters you have in your avatar..... ;D......NICE work as always........

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Great Striper Aaron!

Those are beautiful, as always, Dave!

And I really like the gill al from sc!

18. Thanks 7 pt.

19. JE

JE Well-Known Member

20. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Dave your salmon and steelhead are such an inspiration to us. Please don't ever stop posting your pics!
    Here is my latest king that was finished in a bit of a rush in between charters so that I could deliver it to the client when he arrived to fish last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]