1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Happy with Carolina Fur

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by hounddoggy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

I sent 2 white tail hides 1/2 elk hide and a bear hide in may. Got them back today And Im happy with the results.

2 customers already picked up and were very happy. Just wanted to share my positive experience with anyone who may need a tannery!

Also there were no holes other than bullet holes !!

2. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

It would be very hard to NOT be happy with them!

3. i have been using Carolina for about the last 12 years for all my deer.the last 2 shipments that i sent to them have been disappointing.the tan has gone down hill in the last 12 months for me.not saying that there not top notch.maybe i got a new tanner or something.but the last 11 years were vary good.

4. Jason, this is your second post in the last couple of weeks talking down CFD. I'm gonna check your file tomorrow and see just how many deer you have sent us. If there is that big of a problem that you have taken it upon your self to make 2 negative post, I'm gonna assume that you have taken the time to call with your concerns, so there should be a comment on your file stating this.
    Could you explain a little more than the tan has gone down hill? And I'm not sure what you mean by getting a new tanner. ???

Your profile states you are 31 years old, so that means you have been sending us stuff since you were 19. We keep records for up to 20 years on active customers, so I should be able to tell you every piece you have sent us to tan.

I will get back to you on this after I check the facts. If there is no complaint on your file I'm gonna assume you are in bed with one of the "Haters" here, and you are just looking an opportunity to slam us.

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I would hope he called before slamming the company. Hard to fix something if nobody tells them there's a problem.

6. Nice to see positive comments on here!

7. d.price I'm not slamming u guys at all.thought maybe they have a new person doing the tanning maybe.yes i was 19 or 20 when i started to send u guys stuff with great results.I'm not bashing Carolina.as of what has gone down hill to me personally i have had more then average hair slippage.Ive done my capes the same way forever and never had a problem before that's why i said that.sorry if it sounds like i slammed u guys but that is not the case.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

D. Price-P.I.

9. You stated in the last 12 months our work has gone down hill. Well since 8/10/2010 you have sent us a total of 4 orders and you have not sent anything since 2/1/2011 which would over 1/2 of the last 12 months we have gone down hill.

The 4 orders consisted of 5 W/T capes, 1 Wolf L/S, 2 Coyotes L/S and 1 Red Fox L/S.

I seen a note on one of your packing slips written by someone on your end that one of the capes was slipping down on the shoulders before we ever received it. We chose to wet tan it to try and save it for you by cutting the tumbling time. That is a fairly common practice on our part with an iffy skin. There was a note on your acknowledgement stating that we would do this.

Then we had a note that you called and said you received a box and thought you were getting dry tan so you didn't open it for several days. When you did open it you said a wet tanned cape was slipping badly. We told you to dry it out and send it back with a rush order you were going to send in shortly. That was the last note on your account.

Now I'm assuming this was the same cape, since you normally get dry tan. If that is the case, how is that our fault if you stated from the beginning that the cape had some slippage? Out of those 9 pieces was that the only one that slipped?

We have many people handling the skins along the way, this is not a one man show. So there is no one "New Tanner" as you put it..

10. your right there as the one cape that had some slippage n it at the bottom.that cape was fine.as of when the mount was mounted i was losing quite a bit of hair falling out when it was drying.it happened on 3 of the deer.why i dint know.like i said i was not trying to bash u guys.sorry if it sounded like that.like i said i have had vary good luck with u guys in the past.and still plan on using u guys in the near future.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Really?

It seems like your all of a sudden singing a different tune now that you were confronted.

12. redwolf I'm not changing my story.I'm telling u what i had happen with some of the capes.I'm still happy with there work but like i said the last 2 shipments have not been as good as the others.why i don't know.

13. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

IF ANYTHING WAS GOING TO SLIP IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ELK HALF HIDE I SENT THEM. IT DIDNT SLIP !! NOTHING I SENT THEM DID ! ILL NEVER BELIEVE THAT A TAN FROM THEM,OR THE PROCESS THEY USE WOULD CAUSE SLIPPAGE. COME ON GUYS, IF YOUR STUFF SLIPS DONT BLAME THE TANNERS!! MY ORDER WAS DONE IN A VERY REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME AND THE TANS WERE FINE-NO ISSUES. I DONT KNOW D.PRICE OR ANYONE FROM CAROLINA AND ANY TANNING I DONT DO MYSELF WILL BE DONE BY CAROLINA AND I FEEL 100% COMFORTABLE WITH THEM! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IVE SHARED A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH A COMPANYS PRODUCT OR TAN AND EACH TIME SOME ONE SHOWS UP TO SLAM. THAT, TO ME IS HIGHJACKING IN A DISTASTEFUL WAY. THIS POST WAS POSITIVE. IF YOU HAVE NEGATIVE INFO TO SHARE, PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN POST AND DONT SMEAR IT ON MINE.
    AGAIN, I WAS HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE OF CAROLINA FUR AND WILL USE THEM FOR ANY TANNING I DONT DO MYSELF.THEY DO A DANG GOOD JOB ON RUGS AS WELL-PERIOD! GOOD DAY TO ALL

14. I've been trying to get a price list from Carolina Tannery. Can you fill me in on what license number they need? State Taxidermy license number or business license number??? I never received a response, and I need to send some hides very soon!

Thanks,

Aimee

15. dozier

dozier New Member

Good tannery . Dry or wet tan .

16. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Top Notch! I will never trust my african stuff with any one else!!! Good stretch and excellent shaving!