1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Snowhare dvd : Wrapping Bodies of Small Animals

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by cshank, Aug 5, 2011.

1. cshank

cshank New Member

PA
    who all here got the dvd wrapping Bodies of Small Animals that snowhare made.. Likes and dislikes? Quality of the dvd?
    just wondering what everyone thought about?

2. I have them both I think thay are priceless I am a wraper that is the way I learned the dvd were a great help to me learned a lot. If you dont wrap thay will still help a lot thay are not hard to get around in unless you dont know how to run your dvd player Kotaclem

3. cshank

cshank New Member

PA
    i never wraped before so i didn't know how detailed it was as far as steps go

4. Wolfie101

Wolfie101 New Member

I watched most of it yesterday when it came in the mail. It's GREAT. Watch out for those flying pens, though.

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I don't have them, but I don't need them to answer this.
    Joe Kulis has the best DVD's on the market IMO. And Snowy's know how is just unbelievable. You put the 2 together and I just can't imagine there being any negatives.

6. I have the Squirrel/ermine/mouse DVD. It contains an excellent amount of knowledge and advice which Snowhare has amassed over the years in the business using this wrapping method, and passed on to beginners like myself.
    And what about the turning of a mouse's lips? with a knife! I am still 'practising' that one!
    And I also enjoyed some moments of subtle humour in the filming as well, when Snowhare grows steadily and increasingly annoyed with Joe Kulis's wrapping thread 'device'. I still think he was swearing....in Dutch of course! :eek:

I am just applying a few of the tips I learned from it on some recent small mammals I am presently working on. Certain anatomical points he raises concerning the squirrel, were especially enlightening for me.
    Any DVD is a priceless bank of info for someone like myself. The Snowhare DVD ranks amongst the best I have in my collection.

Just my thoughts, wishing you well, stargazer.

7. snowhare

snowhare New Member

THANK YOU ALL HERE

So all we do now is whait for that one with a lot a comment ;D ;D ;D , he ore she WILL come :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wanne bet ya a on this

Snowhare

8. You are probly wright but there are a lot of them that dont know there ass from a hole in the . look at the ones your helping let the rest go where thay might go

9. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: Snowhare dvd : Wrapping Bodies of Small Animals

My only complaint about any of the Joe Kulis
    DVDs is that they are terribly difficult to navigate through. Chaper selections do not light up so you kinda have to guess where you're at. Also none of mine will play through entirely. After each chapter you have to go back through from the main menu. However this all may be an issue with my dvd player and not the dvds themselves. Even though it can be a pain the information is worth it.
    OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That's weird. I've gotten a dozen or so DVD's off Joe. I've never had any troubles navigating through them. I've never used a DVD player though. I use my computer. I can't imagine seeing Tom Voyer on the big screen :-X ;D

11. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: Snowhare dvd : Wrapping Bodies of Small Animals

Then it must be my dvd player. Guess ill be buying a new one.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Speaking of which, I guess I do have a complaint about Joe's DVD's. Tom Voyer, Tony Finnazo, Rick Crane, and now Snowhare. YUCK!!! :eek:
    Joe needs to find some hot chicks to teach taxidermy. ;D

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Try one on your computer first and see if there's a difference Derek.

14. You shuld see Snow on the big TV 70in what a sight

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

My 40 is big enough for me. But too big for those ugly mugs ;D

16. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Yup i look like a hobo , a glue sniffer a dog stuffer a weardo , so better stay with ya small tv s , otherwise yall puke

Snow

17. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO!!!

18. snowhare

snowhare New Member

;D ;D ;D JUST TRIED TO BE FRIENDLY AND WARN YALL

19. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Derek, I thought it was my old DVD player, but it does the same in my newer one, so you are not alone in that. BUT I think the quality of the DVD as a whole, and the presentation that Snowy did was very well done, and an excellent investment for anyone doing small animals.

20. JUST TRIED TO BE FRIENDLY AND WARN YALL

;D You are presently King of the lip inverters on my PC man ! ;) ;) ;)

Great dvd J. Wishing you well, stargazer