1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How Many Studios are Behind part II

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by fishhead990, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I'm dropping it guys, were beating a dead horse. antlerdude I think that you should give him a try. He definately shows talent.....

I'm starting to develop a complex though. Let's see, things I've been kicked out of....
    1. fishheads employer list.
    2. NTA

Lordy, what's next??? ;D ;D ;D
    Sorry fishhead, told you I was a smart a$$...... :D :D

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

in the interest of fairness here, I would agree with you Harry that the OP did portray himself differently at the start- had i known his expirience level, i wouldnt have posted half of what i did...It was a bit of a "troll"..... ::)

3. fishhead990

fishhead990 Grinning about the 16 lb steelhead you can't see!

No worries Harry, we can still argue on here once in a while can't we? I look forward to it! Unless the developing complex gets either of us kicked off here........

4. fishhead990

Believe it or not guys this has all been very educational. I hold no grudges or hard feeling toward any of it or you for getting involved. It may have gone a different way than I envisioned but the education is still there for those who wish to see it. It's been.....interesting.

Don't worry though I'll find something else to get you guys stirred up about real soon....LOL!!!!!

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I wonder if he likes the smell of fiberglas and polyester resins?

6. fishhead990

If that were the case I would have run from taxidermy years ago...... who among us doesn't like the smell of fiberglass resin, heating foam and tanning oils? I almost forgot the ever pleasing aroma of lacquer paints and fish gloss..........

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

What smell????

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yep, my buddy Wayne here is really growing! :). As for me...... I won't get too big, I like to good off, fish, hunt and travel too much :)

9. fishhead990

...and I dare say the discussion would not have been nearly as spirited, interesting or educational. Too bad I'm not smart enough to arrange things like this on purpose.........

I mean it, thanks for joining in.

10. gab

gab Active Member

you can still fish and hunt,you'll have one of your young proteges running it.With your perfect location between the three biggest cities in the state with the best economy and the most hunters,along with your promotional abilities,you should be grossing a mil within the next ten years.(of course by then a mil might not buy a happy meal)

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Gary, if you ever see me running a large shop you will know aliens have taken over my body! LOL. I've got dreams, but that is one I do not desire :) seriously I have plans to expand, as a matter of fact I am adding on another 1400 square feet this year, but I am aiming at a more diversified business than more animals :)

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

12. Hey Fishhead, You Sure got everyone up in a Roar, lol, even I had to read all this thread ( kept me up a few late hours !

I know you have the talent to work for most shops BUT Why did you Give up your Own business inn Taxidermy ? Apparently you don't like dealing with the customers & running the business & want to just do the taxidermy work ?

Well, Good Luck in ANY part of taxidermy , as even working for others IT Always WILL be a tough road . The problem is all shops have work that their clients KNOW the look of & have built a reputation on & any NEW LOOK ( even if better ) throws up a RED Flag & the clients might not come back ?

I wonder if you are or were really Serious in your idea of Traveling to work for other shops ? It seems , in the end of the post here so far that you are saying YOU"D be happy staying in one place to work for someone IF you could find the Right employer .

I think Being a SELF employed Taxidermist is what MOST people are fit for in this field . You definately have the talent, so Just try to figure out HOW to deal with clients & Run your own business or just do wholesale work out of your own studio ?

Nothing Negative here from me to you , I just don't understand WHY you started this Post in the first place , other than to get everyone posting comments & wating time & space .

You managed to have FUN & o' well, had a good laugh & it made for some great reading !
    I think most taxidermists could write a Book on what their life was like in this business & much would be simular from the good things to the BAD in this ndustry ?

Many of us have considered Quitting, but ( it is in our Blood ) sort of & we just are devoted to keep on a truckin . You know the old addidge------------Most artists are POOR artists - starving artists also..............?

Work for YOURSELF & Be Happy , is likely your best bet !