1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well, I finally did it...

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Vicki Chritton-Myers, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Well, I did it. I finally took a day off to try to get back into fine art again. Haven't done anything in many years and kept telling myself "one of these days I need to start doing art again..."

I took a watercolor painting class. We did an eagle head and an owl. I didn't get mine finished as I am more a detail-oriented artist. Need to learn to loosen up a bit with water colors. The only reference we had were his paintings, and he has a much more loose style of painting. I know the beak on the eagle is not right. Will have to do some with actual reference photos. I'm a stickler for details. The owl eyes are off, as well. I'll need to fix those. I'm pretty happy with the eagle's eyeball. The lids don't look correct for me. But this was the first watercolor class I've had since I was 10. Not really worked with watercolors, so will need a lot of practice!!!

I must say, I realized today how much I've missed having art a big part of my life. Will post pics of the final products when I get them done. These are 12 x 14s.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now if I could just get my pics to upload where you can actually SEE them!!! Keep getting "Maximum size 128MB" message. I put three pics on, all under that size, and it still gave me the message. How in the heck do you guys get the big pics on here????

Attached Files:

2. Pencil Pusher

Pencil Pusher New Member

Looks great. If you upload your pics to a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr or SmugMug or something, then you can link to them here and use bigger versions.

3. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Oh my gee I love that owl. Look at those eyes! Those big owl eyes!

I love your eagle too but your owl is just down right adorable. Please tell me there's more :D

4. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Amazing work. Keep it up!! I really like the owl.

5. THANK YOU! I truly appreciate the compliments. Will try to finish them up over the next few days. =)

6. hawkflyer

hawkflyer I'm not short, I'm fun sized.

When you load them to photobucket, with your curser over the uploaded picture, you see several different links come up below it. Copy the img link and paste it to your post. Then preview the post to make sure the picture is there like you want it. Hope this helps.

7. Pencil Pusher

Pencil Pusher New Member

Like that^^

You need to have "[ img ]" (with no spaces between the brackets and the letters) before the url for the picture and then "[ /img ]" (again, no spaces) at the end of the url. That tells the system to show the picture instead of the url only.

If you click "Preview" under the reply box when you're typing your post, it will take you to an advanced editor. If you click the icon there that looks like a little picture in a frame, it will automatically drop the img and /img things into your post. Just paste the url for your pic in between the two commands.

8. Pencil Pusher

Pencil Pusher New Member

Very nice painting, by the way. :)

9. THANK YOU! That was so nice of you to help out!!! And thanks for the compliments. Now that I've got some reference pics, I'm not even sure if I can correct the eagle enough. Will have to see what can be done to make it more anatomically correct (I know the top/back of the head and beak and eyes need work...wait, that's ALL of it! LOL!) Might be able to salvage the owl. When I get a chance!

Thank you all very much again. I TRULY do appreciate it! :)

10. Good stuff Vicki. I love the owl. Post some more when you can. Wishing you well, stargazer.

11. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Nice!

12. KUDOS! They are beautiful!

13. Think I'm finished. Want to start on some work with REAL reference, not have to work from an instructor's undetailed painting.
    [​IMG]

14. irishme

irishme New Member

;) Great job Nancy

15. Ok. I don't get it. Who's Nancy?