1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My latest...........

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by elkmasterwyo, Aug 14, 2011.

1. elkmasterwyo

elkmasterwyo New Member

Alright guys, here's my latest mount. After a bunch of help from you guys i think i have acually surpassed the talent level commonly seen on here! One ear is bondo, one earliner Just like they do in the movies. Lookin for honest feedback, even though i think it will be tough for ya'll to find much wrong with it. Please, PLEASE do not get your panties all up in a wad because i put a mount together that looks much better than yours!

Attached Files:

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Your horns are uneven you have six on one side and 4 on the other!

3. elkmasterwyo

elkmasterwyo New Member

ever heard of artistic flair? I meant to do that!

4. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Well it looks uneven to me try better next time, but to each his own i guess.

5. Your eyes and ears are spot on. Great job!!!!! Who's form is that?

6. elkmasterwyo

elkmasterwyo New Member

i wouldn't want to give free endorsements to the form maker but the initials are D.C.

7. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

I get tired of you fancy taxidermist with low self esteem coming on here and posting things like "Here is beautiful mount" or "Check out my latest gift to the world of taxidermy". ;)

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think you out did your self, you have arrived!

9. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

Stick with the ear liners as it looks great. The one you did with bonds is a little thick. I really like the expression you captured. Down the road-

10. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Deer have horns? ??? All these years I thought they were antlers.......

11. bonhed

bonhed Click, Click......Boom!

Well, from my very limited experience at doing taxidermy, I say, great job. I have learned that when I create such a mount it is better to hang it in a very well lit room, preferrably a small shed or building of no value, then splash some gasoline all over it (it sets the hair, and adds a lifelike affect), don't worry about getting it on the floors or walls, it actually helps with the affect. Then, what I do is throw a lit match into the room, sit back, and crack a nice cold one in celebration!!

Way to go!!

12. You might want to check the brisket alignment! ;D

13. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Its got the whats up doc look.

14. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

All those classes you took really paid off!!!!

15. monarch

monarch Member

Cracking mount - you are well on your way!

16. craig h

craig h New Member

ma
    how did you get those ear edges so crisp looking!!!!!!!!!!

17. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Looks like the Yoxathon money was spent wisely, your on your way.

18. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

looks great you are defenitely well on your way. i also love those eyes and form i wouldn't change a thing id sure hate to have you as competion in my area. ::) ::) Keep on keeping on . lifes a garden dig it. famous worde for a soon to be famous mount lol

19. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

That buck has blue eyes......................one blew east and one blew west.

20. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I'm soooo jealous.