1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

JG Repllicas - Very Impressive

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by kbauman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    A few weeks ago, I attended the Missouri Show. While there I finally got to meet my internet friend Jimmy Lawrence of CO. During our conversation, I brought up I needed to order a 43" King Salmon replica and I told Jimmy where I was going to order it from. He then told me about a replica company he used called JG Replicas. He also told me a little about the blanks and how much he liked them. I got on there website (www.jgreplicas.com) located the perfect bland for the job. To my amazement, it looked good and was over $100 cheaper than the original blank I was about to order. Over the weekend, the blank arrive and today, I unboxed it. I was amazed at the quality and very impressed with the workmanship. I honestly believe it will be a snap to finish out and paint. So, I want to highly recommend JG Replicas and thank Jimmy Lawrence for turning me onto them.

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I knew you would like it.

Jeff's a great guy with great customer service. I have used his biggest, to smallest kings. He lets me know what , when , where, etc. Anything I need to know.

Not only is the quality outstanding, but the blanks are LIGHT. They are huge, and don't weigh hardly anything, but yet they are strong, and very well put together.

All in all, im glad I turned you onto them. Hopefully Jeff appreciates it too! LOL .

These were molded by UFD , Mr. David R Campbell himself, and Jeff now owns the molds, and does the job really nicely.

Can't wait to see it when its done Kenneth.

Jimmy!

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Dave Campbells work, that explains it. It looks awesome. I am scared to paint it. I might jack it up.

4. old guy

old guy Member

I too have used Jeff's blanks with outstanding results,,Jeff is a straight up guy to deal with,,,blanks are outstanding. Thank you Jeff for all you have done for me.,,,you're a credit to the industry, And Jimmy I heard you had good results with his bass,,between your talent and Jeff's stuff,,,its a classy outcome,,,keep up the good work guys!!!

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I too have used the blanks and they are top notch. Like Jimmy said, they are LIGHT, especially compared to some others on the market. Make sure you post the finished product Kenneth.

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

I ordered from them when they were under the name "Mainstream Reproductions" i remember the largemouth having detail down to and including the annual rings on the scales. :eek:

7. Thanks guys for the encouraging comments.Will try to keep the quality of the blanks to everyone's standard.Much appreciated.....Jeff