1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Revolution "Hide And Seek"

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by burneba, Aug 18, 2011.

1. burneba

burneba Member

Hey Everyone,

I was flipping through a few catalogs, looking for something -- anything, rather -- that could catch my eye for my newest mount I'd love to get done. I stumbled upon Revolution's form called "Hide and Seek". The intrigued look on deer always made me smile and I was glad to see someone finally captured that look in taxidermy form. Now, while I liked the form as far as the shown picture detailed, I find that not all forms look as great as I think when I see other renditions of it. It may be angling or how the picture was taken... I have no right idea.

If anyone has used this form, I would love -- love, love, love -- to see how they have come out for all of you!
    Thanks so much for reading, I hope that I can get some idea on how I like the form from your pictures!

2. red oak

red oak New Member

nice form, but the form looks best if hung lower on the wall.If its up high it loses some effect.

3. Re: Revolution "Hide And Seek"

I have one in the works all I have are naked pics.[​IMG][​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

4. Re: Revolution "Hide And Seek"

[​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

5. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I use them from time to time and really like the look. More importantly so does the customer. The busted is nice too.

6. burneba

burneba Member

A. Thanks Red Oak for the info! I certainly will be sure to hang it lower then!

B. Hey! I'm glad I found someone putting it to use! My email is [email protected] if you wouldn't mind sending more pics as you go along!

C. Thanks! I am glad that I have someone vouching for them.

Any others who have used the form and have pictures are encouraged to post here and share your skills!

7. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: Revolution "Hide And Seek"

I just don't understand the weird amputated leg thing they do with their forms. I like it, but if I got one the legs would definately be cut off.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

8. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Here's one.

Attached Files:

9. I don't mind it but most (80%) of my customers always use the word amputated!

10. revolutionMan

revolutionMan New Member

Then they will really hate this guy.

Attached Files:

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Definitely not something I would recommend, but if a customer asked for it I would do it.

12. Homestead

Homestead N.E.A.T BOD

I am lucky if I get enough cape to do a shoulder without it being short, never mind getting in enough to do that. Looks nice though , something different.

13. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Revolution "Hide And Seek"

Yea no kidding

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

14. burneba

burneba Member

I have certainly noticed that myself when I was shopping for a form that would fit the cape I already have... But then again, I suppose that altering it would be an option if one were adding habitat...

15. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

heres the hide/seek pose:

[​IMG]

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Now I KNOW I don't like it.

17. alexm

alexm New Member

What Bob said looks like a growth ::)

18. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Customers are split about 60/40 with 60% liking it mainly because it's different. I've done several now and I like it a little better every time. The Revolution forms mount up nice.

19. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

After seeing it mounted, I don't like it either.

20. burneba

burneba Member

I like it... perhaps one can solve the leg issue with an appropriate fallen log type or crossing sapling habitat??