1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The King Of Kings

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by duckmounter, Aug 19, 2011.

1. A friend gave this to me today. What a treat. I haven't mounted one since 1991. [​IMG]

2. Quite the gift! Any thoughts on a pose yet?

3. SteveP

SteveP New Member

That's a hell of a friend! Congratulations!

4. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

nice!

5. Wouter

Wouter Member

Beautifull bird! Was it hunted or pen-raised?
    If it is a hunting trophy, you have a very generous friend indeed. I understood a hunting trip to the area where these ducks live cost a fortune, you're only allowed to shoot a few, and your nuts may freeze of as well ;D.

6. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

and he looks to be a good one too. Nice present for you Bruce. "The King" for sure!!

7. This was a wild bird. I have hunted and killed at least 25 to 30 of these birds back in the late eighties and early nineties. I was very generous with them at the time giving at least six or seven away to other taxidermist. I lost some of them in a freezer that went bad as well. I do not have one in my collection until now. And yes you will freeze your cahonies off on st.paul island just like I did back in Jan, 1991. You can stay at the King Eider Hotel if your to cold.I will post photos when finished.