1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to make a white or piebald squirrel

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Rob317, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Drake_147

Drake_147 New Member

Hey byrdman, dont you love it when the outdated, think they know it all , think everyone else is dumb, with no creativity in their old fashioned mind, voice their opinion. Im sure he has lots of respect but I just simply cannot stand those types of opinions. They forget they are just like a** holes; everybody on earth has one and who is to say which one is perfect. Although I love your birds, I have always been amazed with your stunning 1st place MASTERS division with your LIFSIZE silver fox mount. But what would you know about lifesize (sarcastic)? Sorry to highjack a little here but its late, im tired, had a hell of day and even worse year, and people like that just get me.

2. phoenixx

phoenixx New Member

HEY, why don't you dye the squirrel white when it's ALIVE, then kill it! ;D ;D ;D

3. Your best bet would be to post in the wanted section on here, and find one that someone has in their freezer.
    You can dye a squirrel darker, but you can't bleach it white.

4. Drake_147

Drake_147 New Member

Museum man, you've mounted things I've only drempt of but you never consider yourself better than anyone? ??? That is so contradicting you sound dumb. Who are you to say what I dream of? (I do have work in a museum but I dont need to go into it because I feel being modest is a lot more classy than sounding like you) You have no idea who I am or what I have done but I hope you feel high and mighty if thats what makes you happy. Congrats on your ego and who you think you are. But thank you for proving part of my point. People like you and Jon get on here and give your resume to make yourself feel better. Nobody asked for it or wants to read that. This site is for people helping people and you get on here with that crap only for your selfish and egotistic self. For Jon to tell Byrdman to "stick to birds" when he can do it all and do it all well sounds arrogant and borderline stupid. I could not just let it happen. Unless its a fact...feel free to voice your opinion as an opinion and stick to that. There is no right way unless its a fact. I like to bring others up and be modest to others if they like my work. This thread was somebody asking for help and now look what Jon started and where its at now. Egos make people so blind. Eyes are wide shut with people like you. My assumption of you is a person that does not like to help others unless it benefits you in a way. But I could be wrong. I suggest picking up a Bible and study lifes instruction manual a bit. Or at least think before you speak (or type in this instance).

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Really? Id call the above quotes a tad bit contradicting too. As for the last quote, I dont recall Jake addressing you at all, but John. This is how these foolish exchanges get started.

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Not for long any more mate , ill steel it when yarr at slleep ok
    snow

7. Drake_147

Drake_147 New Member

Bill, sorry if I was in the wrong here it all. It is never my intention to get into these verbal battles as this site is great when its used as it real purpose. Sorry again Bill.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Yawn ;D

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

opinions vary bill

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Jake, no worries. I just thought it was funny what museum man said. But, he usually is offering helpful info for people, so consider your words with him this time just a simple disagreement. You certainly owe me no apology, Im ONLY a mod, and I mean that.

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Bill thats what I didnt believe from jon...he is usually offering help on here.....seems unless its his way he doesnt want anyone else to offer help....a hunter can go a lifetime without seeing a white squirrel much less get a shot at one,so telling the hunter to hunt harder is just rediculous.....a viable option is to make one may not be a perfect exact match but I would wager I could put one of my repos in a show and lett 100 people walk past it and get 2 or 3 that knew it was a repo.....a rat skin will fit nicely on a squirrel form and tail made from deer tail or skunk fur...which I have used to repair real albino tails with.......what would you do if you were comisioned to do a dodo....passenger pigeon.....labrador duck....platypus......part of a taxidermists "job" is to provide a service......take on the job or go home

12. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

i kNow of a white squirrel in a freezer aswell, you can have it for a white rat! I believe it's a squirrel, but as a bird-man I am not supposed to comment here or Mr. BUllachoo will get me verbally!

13. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

This might seem too obvious, but if the client was wanting a piebald squirrel then why not use a real squirrel tail, face, etc and just use the white rat parts for areas where it really wouldn't be much different? A piebald animal could easily have a dark head and tail and a white or spotted body.
    No matter how you attempt it, it is going to be much more difficult than a regular squirrel mount.
    I am guessing about 300% more difficult, and you should charge accordingly - or, in other words, make it to the client's advantage to locate and purchase the kind of specimen that he really wants if he is unable to hunt one.
    If somebody brings me a fresh Labrador duck (big IF!) then I would mount it for the regular price of a comparable duck, but if I have to make one from scratch then it's gonna cost extra!

14. Fallofthewild

Fallofthewild bird brains

byrdman, I completely agree with what you've said, but I think you could still get a platypus if you wanted...as they are still extant

15. cwt

cwt Active Member

looks like you could use white fur from something else to ad in to it. And use the squirrel face

Attached Files:

16. chadleek

chadleek New Member

Is this the same John B. that has videos for sale in WASCO???? If so I will never even think of buying that negativity......