1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ September 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ September 2011 !!!!!!!!

The warmest of welcomes from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I wish to extend heartfelt speedy recoveries to all who sustained damage and who are still in peril due to the recent Storm devastation! I want to make a special plea to those who may know of the fellow taxidermist in VT and the rest of New England who are still harms way to check in and see if our big taxidermy family members are OK. Though we received great devastation in parts of NH VT was clobbered and remains in devastation!

My Good friend Brad Jones drove out from Indiana over this past eventful weekend to spend some time with us here in NH and was stuck for 24 hours in VT attempting at that time to get to NH. Kathie and I ventured out to see if we could find him and help him find passage to Hinsdale however instead we discovered as State in complete devastation. We both witnessed first hand both during and after juts driving around to cut from East to West. As we returned back to our home with out Brad it was clear that we wouldn’t be able to retrieve him until the waters resided. A bridge in a beautiful town call Quechee,VT that we crossed on our Brad finding journey fell in to the river shorty after we crossed. The devastation that Water can do is often not realized until after the event takes place. Brad did arrive the next day but what a way to spend ones birthday!
    Texas to Arizona and everywhere in between this year has been a hard and challenging year for weather and natural disaster. Count your Blessings and know that nothing is forever when it comes to weather! Be safe and take care of one another!

What an outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took sometime this morning and looked at some truly inspiring works of fish art!
    We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of August with a Gentleman who recently came out for a Visit to Anglers Artistry Mr. Alfred Ellison from Claypool, Arizona! A very hardworking gentleman who has deep passion for his taxidermy work! I want to share with you one of the fish Alfred completed in his workshop! Fantastic work!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in October!

So here we go and here is to a great September in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

A very proud Alfred with the fish he worked on during his workshop!

[​IMG]

Alfred’s Smallie!

[​IMG]

The Smallie with his custom Base!

[​IMG]

Find inspiration to follow your passion!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Very beautiful fish Alfred. Well done...

3. Nice SMB Alfred. This is a LMB my Grandson caught two weeks before the NTA convention. I was able to mold and cast the fish in time to enter it and recieved a 92. It missed National Champion by one point. This is when I got back and gave it to him and my son. He also has the ribbon in his bedroom.
    [​IMG]

4. THe day of the catch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Randy That's Awesome... I love this thread.

6. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

HEADLINE:
    "POUR & PULL" GUY DOES 1st SKINMOUNT IN 8 YRS!
    READ ALL ABOUT IT...

Setting up to custom mold the mannikin
    [​IMG]

Skin "taxied" onto custom cast mannikin
    [​IMG]

The mount assembled with custom cast head, tail, adipose
    [​IMG]

Primed and ready for paint
    [​IMG]

The finished product before gloss...
    [​IMG]

7. hambone

hambone Member

Alfred thats a fish to be proud of, Randy its plain to see your a proud grandpa nice fish and AA thats what you call going from rags to riches beautiful brown.

8. den007

den007 Active Member

Richard, nice brown. It always amazes me to see the the transitions from raw skin to finished product...and that is one sweet product.

Almost finished with a steelhead.........can't get away from that scale by scale painting.

Attached Files:

9. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Awesome pics Randy congrats! Nice looking skinmout AA ;D Den Love the look of that one ! Very soft and natural looking.
    Beautiful fish guys! That smallie rocks!!!

10. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Here is the WV state record striper that was caught last september, that I did a skin mount on.

Attached Files:

11. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

My little fishing buddy wanted his pic on here too!

Attached Files:

12. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Her's big Zander I finished a while ago...hope you like it!! ;)

Attached Files:

13. Bartol

Bartol New Member

Nice work Dennis and JP!!!!

14. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Congrats Alfred and "way to go" Randy, great story and mount. Love the Brown Rich and Denny, I think that's one of your best.
    Here's my first King repro. Thanks to Rich Benedict for the blank, and all the advice I received from Dave C, Doug P, and Terry W.....Some of the detail is washed out in the sun here. This was a good experience for me for the next one....

Attached Files:

15. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Randy thats such a great story hopefully he will carry on when you retire the guy that made the reproduction trout that is so cool you make it look so easy i have a book but i need to remember how to mount on the right way again first the other guy makeing casts you guys make it look like easy as skining a bass.those fist smallies were real fish that you knocked out so was that kingat least they look real some unreal work i see some fish i did before the concussion that i thought were good than i look here and see what i need to shht for.every fish in this thread gives me a goal and morewill power to go back to my shop.thankyou guys for helping me not give up because each day i have trouble with somthing i have probbably did a zillion times i can look on here and rememer what i want my stuff to look like i have a smallie i caught but im gonna get mr kranes video before i try to paint it.

16. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Nice work so far, as usual. This thread gets better every month.
    John

17. topnotch

topnotch Member

Some more perch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. den007

den007 Active Member

Hope you got a few fillets off those fat perch. Nothing better!

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Yeah Perch...yummm!
    Nice batch there Topnotch...the pedestal one looks sweet with the closed mouth :-X

Thanks guys for the comments on my Skin work ;)

20. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Great work all!

Love the perch topnotch!