1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A REVIEW of the new Bobcat snap together form!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by RDA, Sep 4, 2011.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

The "easy set face system" mannikin and all in one face from McKenzie....

I had the uhhh "pleasure" of mounting on one of these- as it was a wholsale piece that the customer provided this for. Let me say that this WILL NOT save any time as the modifications to get it correct take as much if not more time than standard claying. Problem 1 is the fact that they eye rings are not matched right out of the box. Problem 2 is that there is no cleft at the sides of the nostril wings where a noticable tuck is naturally. Problem 3 is thew ridiculous attempt to sculpt onto the mannikin a flange that is supposed to flare the jowl hair patterns out. Problem 4 is the fact that you would HAVE to use an apoxie or super glue to keep the skin from drumming away from the hard plastic on the face and eyes. It DOES have a NICE nose and interior with very little skin required to tuck into the interiors, but the re-working of the head doesn NOT make this any time saver;

[​IMG]

the head showing inconsistent eye rings

[​IMG]

the "handi-capper" flange for the jowel hair ( yeeesh)

[​IMG]

the lack of a tuck just behind nostil wing area^^

[​IMG]

flange removed, tucks created and eye rings cut away with dykes.

[​IMG]

getting there

[​IMG]

proper eye brow muscles were also added after the pic, and now its ALMOST ready to use...

Had I started with a simple regular change out head, this would have been quicker...

2. I had to do one of those for a wholesale customer a few months ago. I just took the plastic part off and filled that area with foam, and then recarved the top of the face.

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

atta Girl!

I should also mention the fact that there will be NO pinning of the plastic.....

4. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I have never seen that thing! Who came up with that.......thing!!!

5. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Never even entertained the thought of using those forms.

6. Just another useless gadget. For all the advancements we have made in the last 15 years...stuff like this and dropping in quality of certain manikins we once depended on have been a disappointment and setback to the trade.

7. mislynx

mislynx Member

Doesn't even look like a bobcat head, to flat and long

8. phoenixx

phoenixx New Member

Lol, so pretty much when it's all summed up, it's crap?
    ;D

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

looks much better after you straightned it up..

10. bulletbob

bulletbob Member

DID YOU WATCH THE YOU TUBE THAT MCKENZIES HAS FOR THESE THEY DEMONSTRATE IT QUITE WELL I HAD NO PROBLEMS AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

If you mounted on that thing as it came, you had problems. You just might not know it.

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

BULLETBOB,, I HAVE NEVER WATCHED A TAXIDERMY VIDEO IN MY LIFE! ::) ;D :D 8)

13. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

LMAO, RDA has been at this so long they didn't have "videos" when he got his start! Ron, did they even have VHS invented when you got started ???

14. Back then the probably had to gather around the old transistor radio and listen to the taxidermy shows..

15. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Eyes are to far apart

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

VHS?? no way man- that was star-trek stuff! :eek: :D and Jerry U tawkin bout the cats or mine? ;D 8mm, or "super 8" was the state of the "art"... ::) :D

17. bulletbob

bulletbob Member

its too bad that technology has left you behind RDA!

18. alexm

alexm New Member

Good luck with catching up bulletbob :D :D :D

19. RDA

RDA Active Member

yes,, sadly THAT technology will never jive with my world... somehow,, i will survive.. ::) ;D ;D :D

20. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Smoke signals ;D