1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A REVIEW of the new Bobcat snap together form!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by RDA, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

It's a reality some of us are cursed with George. LOL

2. I agree with John, RDA the form is not a reflection of your work at all, like you said "it is a review". A terrible substitute for a correct anatomical representation of a feline... Thank goodness I make my own so I don't have to open a catalogue and see it every other day. I believe there should not be shortcuts (no pun intended)in what we do but yes, timesavers and that comes with experience and practice, not out a box in plastic pieces. This product is teaching all the wrong lessons and the results speak for itself.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Travis I'm going to belabor a point being missed by many of you "accomplished" taxidermists. Tell all of us when the LAST time YOU skinned out an animal, boiled all the meat off, articulated the skeleton, sculpted in the muscle tissue and then mounted your animal. There's a lot of you here puffing up your chests and bad mouthing "out of the box plastic pieces" when YOU are just as guilty of doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!! You remarks simply alienate that beginner who may one day become the pompass ass that we are. Perhaps you are better than Brian Hendrix who designed it, but I can tell you emphatically that any beginner would love to have him in THEIR shop helping THEM out. That's just what they get through proxy when they take this "plastic out of the box".

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Damn George I wish I could talk like you.... ;D
    Thanks..... It's not to say you guys don't have the right to opinions
    But how many beginner bobcats have you seen on here that wanna make you puke? I've seen HUNDREDS.
    This system WILL help a LOT !..... to keep my dinner down.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Good point, now if he would just come out with a plastic leopard...

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I've got this one Trav ... It's time to school Old King Hole! It's high time you just shut your hole and READ what people write!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He not only sculpts, molds, and mounts on his own mannikins and headforms, this young man makes his own clay! :eek: I was amazed to hear that! Most African Taxidermists are so self sufficient they make most Taxidermists in the states look lame. Not all are as talented as Travis ... if they were, no African trophies would ever be shipped home for mounting! Open a catalog ... it's so easy! ;D

Enough?

7. LordRusty

Ohio
    Oh my!

8. mislynx

mislynx Member

He looks young too
    George how do you like your crow with a littel foot on the side
    So being old doesn't make one good automatically

9. George

John as seems habitual with you your mouth constantly overloads your ass. Now you sucked mislynx into your clan. You pick ONE YOUNG MAN who is an accomplished artist and come here with yout bull$hit. I dare you to pick up your phone book yellow pages. Go to "Taxidermists", close your eyes and just put your finger down. Call THAT GUY and ask if he can do that. Over 95% of us are commercial CRAFTSMEN who don't "specialize" in any one species.

Speaking of "mouths" mislynx, its about time you showed us how much better YOUR WORK is than us hacks.

10. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I know it would help you guys out.............LOL

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

George, to be fair John didn't pick that "one" young man, you did.

Touche. ;D ;D

12. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Don't forget snowhare and all the other wrapped body folks around here.

But I agree that it takes some natural talent and knowing the animals and their anatomy. After 17 years I am finally grasping something and have been playing around with furbearer skulls and oil clay, and have molding silicone, mother mold, casting material, and foam. Yes, change out heads are the agenda. I don't feel like dealing with fiberglass, so I'm going to do silicone molds and when I do castings, I do a thin coat of the solid material, followed by carving grade urethane poured into that, then take the mold apart and voila- change out head. Red fox, grey fox, possum, mink, skunk, coon, etc. Then use wrapped bodies with these heads.

13. LordRusty

Ohio
    Amen, and Thank You, Cole. Now it's been stated.

14. George

What are you two smoking? How did I pick Travis??? And four legs with what I ASSUME to be a skull is not articulation. I guess that yellow foamy stuff isn't PLASTIC like the manikins I buy either, huh? And John, nice try, but I didn't just fall off the onion truck. CARCASS CASTING is not articulation either.

Steff, now you're in. Just tell me how many people you know in just MARYLAND who wrap bodies. I see the super egotrips being taken here, but the McKenzie is selling that form because the MAJORITY of commercial taxidermists are beginning to use them in MULTIPLE SPECIES. You "purists" are a dying breed with your antiquated thinking. I'd be willing to bet that Lowe's has never sold a 2x4 to mount a deer on and I'd bet you won't find over half a dozen on this site, INCLUDING the purists who've ever done one that way either.

15. Never assume George. Ok seeing as a missed a lot in this discussion let me chip in a lil something... John thanks for that one, I repeat, never assume George. Secondly it is a skeleton and the bigger body masses have been fillied with foam, again, never assume George. And thirdly please do not speak to me with such utter disrespect, I was never speaking to you in the first place, what you have just shown is your true colours and I don't like them to be honest. So I am asking you nicely and politely to not speak to me like that, you don't know me at all.

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

George, you are losing it buddy. You just asked Travis in the thread I quoted "...when (was) the LAST time YOU skinned out an animal, boiled all the meat off, articulated the skeleton, sculpted in the muscle tissue and then mounted your animal." After John posted pics of Travis doing exactly that, you accused him of hand picking an individual with those talents. John didn't pick Travis, you did when you asked him that question. Also, that looks nothing like a carcass cast to me. If it is, then it didn't work very good. LOL
    George, I think you are getting wayyyy off track here. This was a review of a product that is available, and some of us just pointed out it's flaws. I never read one reply that said no one should buy this product, nor did I read a single reply that said Brian Hendricks was a bad taxidermist, or a bad person for that matter. You are blowing this whole thing out of proportion talking about mounting deer on 2 x 4's. Come back and join us on earth, and lets argue about something else. ;)

17. Agreed, I think Brian is a brilliant taxidermist to be honest, I personally do not agree with the product but that is my opinion and I am entitled to have one with out being pointed out and talked down to. This is a discussion, not a boxing match, you seem to be doing this a lot and no good ever comes from it... Also its never constructive criticism from you George, its always negeative and you single out individuals, now that begs me to ask you, what sort of image are to trying to show yourself as? You have been on this forum for a long time and have obviously helped out many people but lately all I have seen in your posts is a form of cyber bullying and bigotry...

18. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

For what its worth, Travis That form was AWESOME! You are very talented!!!!. It would take me 10 years to do that. WOW!!!!

19. thanks man, it was my first attempt a few years ago

20. George

My bad. I apologize Travis. I'm working off a DROID and was just not reading. But be honest. How many REGULAR taxidermists do yo know who'd do that? I know even you use armatures on many if not most of your castings along with death masks and carcass castings. I stick with my claim that 99% of us would never use that method. Even Ron in this post altered a commercial form. Again, sorry for misreading and making an ASSumption.