1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A REVIEW of the new Bobcat snap together form!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by RDA, Sep 4, 2011.

1. George apology accepted... I cannot comment on the way the American industry works as I'm a couple thousand miles away, but I undersatnd your side of the argument, I do use carcass castings for my large projects such as giraffe, lion, eland and all that sort of thing and articulate and rebuild an anotomical sculpture on a skeleton for smaller animals... With the availability of accurate forms and wide selection in the states it is hardly ever needed to custom build a form unless you can do it better and find it a valuable addition to your studio for many more particular specimens... So yes not too many people do it and not everyone can, but they should.

2. Travis - you have incredible talent!

Bruce

3. Thanking you Bruce... :)

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

added note here: the Customer of the demist i'm wholesaling this too saw a pic of the unfinished piece and LOVES it. Which in fairness does validate one of Georges points. Yes it was modified and the head re-built, not only to conform to caracal measurements, but to fix obvious problems. DO we do these mods to please US or the customer? Speaking from my view, i do this because it is the more correct way of doing it. Yes i could have mounted on the head as was (almost) and the customer probably wouldn't notice the tweaks done to it. BUT,,in our search for perfection (never will happen), we all strive to do things correctly, and the more one practices that line of thought, the better and QUICKER your work will become, which in the end, SPEED AND QUALITY are the key to ANY BUSINESS.. I was told by a very smart ol dermist once that it doesn't take any more time to do things the right way, one learned. He was correct. It has probably been over a decade since i last did a slammie on the mannie without some sort of mods. Bobcat forms of all manufacturers seem to be built up ias if they were weight lifters -so on and so forth. So learning the ways of fixing and more correct anatomy will take you farther in both quality and speed. When i get a cat in and a mannikin, i can look at the skin layed out and instantly know how much i have to take off the legs, hips etc and speed up the fitting process ten fold. THis is due to the time spent towards referernce in skinning sculptng and carving- etc.

I also want to say again that this has nothing to do with Mr Hendrix, or his OBVIOUS talents!

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very good post Mr. Ron :) Although my talents are no where in the park with you, Cole or Travis when it comes to felines, we learn from your observations and strive to do better.

Thank you.

6. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Those are Brian Hendricks forms not Harness, Ron, 7 pages of ripping his bobcat form to pieces but it has nothing to do with him or his talent...
    Give me a break. :eek:
    How can you say that when HE produced the form.....
    That's the stupid statement of the week here......

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Gawd, 8 pages of this and Dennis and Ron are still having a pi$$ing match.....

8. *

[​IMG]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

Oh really Dennis!??? So was i supposed to say this form was the greatest thing since cream cheese? Thats bullsheet and you darn well know it. Now ive seen YOU post up your "custom clay work " in thread here,, so i must ASSUME that your just BASHING the makers of the forms used right? Or maybe you would prefer i just LIE to the taxi net crowd and wholeheartedly endorse the form because he is a "freind" of yours.... I have been 100% fair in my review and if that puts a bee in your britches, i guess,, somehow,, ill live with that.

In MY opinion, YOUR last POST is the most ridiculous of them all here.

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

8 pages of picking apart someones opinion and you only see one stupid statement? ???

I read Ron's opening post as an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course in true Taxi-Net fashion it's gone from an opinion to a pissing match. :-\

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

What I find funny is when a select few members on here post, you already know who will respond. It's all too predictable.

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Pot, meet kettle :)

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Sup ho? ;D

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That's not totally true, Bob responds to EVERY post on taxi.net.

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That's right 8) And I don't "shadow" someone waiting for them to post just so I can disagree.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

BTW Cole, please do continue being my shadow. I'd be lost if you weren't there.

17. *

Just trying to get this to 9 pages... ;D

18. *

Maybe it's getting close

19. *

This might do it

;D

;D

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Don't flatter yourself, I only shadow Michael P. and John Bellucci.