1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A REVIEW of the new Bobcat snap together form!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by RDA, Sep 4, 2011.

1. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Trust me, it's not flattering. I want a shadow that looks better.

2. mislynx

mislynx Member

Shadow? 417 days 21,169 post, Redwolf you shadow everone!

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again....................... When what I do with my time bothers someone, that person has more to worry about than my post count. ;)

4. mislynx

mislynx Member

Doesn't bother me

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I was just sayin ;)

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Oh cool! Hogan's Heroes ... now you're talking! ;) LOL! Now the theme song is playing in my head! I love it! Thanks Ronny!

John.

8. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Heh George, at least I am not trying to make my own deer forms LOL. I saw snowy's posts about wrapping bodies and how well he and others are at it, AND the beautiful quality of their finished mounts. It inspired me and I was at first saying " my gosh- talk about back to basics!". I'm as passionate about certain furbearers as snowy is about martens and squirrels, and as passionate about foxes, mink, and coyotes as John B is about wild cats. It's my perogative wether I want to keep going further, and who cares what other MD taxidermists are doing. If they want to make their own sika forms, wrap mouse bodies, and specialize in small game african species, so be it LOL.

Jeezus, the 3 sikas I just did look just fine and fit very well on the McKenzie forms LOL. I still have a red fox from last season to mount for a customer, and a McKenzie mantle form is sitting in the shop waiting. Oh no, wait, I might use one of my artificial replacement fox noses that I molded and cast myself! Round up the taxinet militia!

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Ron why do you do that? Why does it always have to be a "friend" issue? I see Dennis tearing hell out of ALL his forms but I don't remember him saying he was doing it because the formation was a POS. You could easily made this same post in the vein that you "altered" the face just like Dennis did his wolf.

Perhaps I can't read but I have to agree. You made some direct statements regarding Brian and then complimented his talent. I don't see how you got there from here.

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

Yur even BORING the wildlife George.... :p Now why dont you go find a conversation somewhere else where you may actually contribute something besides SHYT STIRRING...

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

The best part of this mess is, in a few weeks someone will use this post as the example of why taxinet is so terrible...nobody will yet see this as simply the room full of egos and not enough room for them all as the real reason. Guys, just back down, its ok really. More than one guy can be good at this stuff.

Maybe the next tutorial someone should do here is one on humility. Theres plenty of talent in this group, try to add humble to your list of good points. Then taxinet (and all of us) will look that much better.

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

how bout this,,,,just FORGET bout posting anything with SUBSTANCE around here...

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

...and here I am thinking this is why taxi.net is so great. We just got opinions on a product from some of the best in the business and didn't have to buy one to try one. Sure we may butt heads, but the good info is still there.

14. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

+1 Bill

15. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bill, you're such a nice guy. Jerry is too and that's probably what grates on me about many of his posts. You guys will one day come to the realization that you can't put lipstick on a pig. Why would we ever WANT anyone outside our industry to think we're "nice". Where does it get us? "Well that's too much to pay for a deer mount", "Why can't you fix where I cut the throat?", or my all time favorite, "Any GOOD taxidermist could fix that.". This is an egocentric driven industry with egotists making it what it is. How the hell can I be humble when I'm so much better than most of the others? I like Cole's response best.

BTW Ron, nice pig. I think I bought her a drink in a bar a few times.

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Agreed.

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Well Cole my friend, or anyone else, my point is, a critique and debate of a product thats useful is one thing. When that debate is about how that critique was done? Thats another thing.

For what its worth, Ive been asked by developers to critique their products, including this one, for many years. To me, the difference is when I believe a product is a good one, I will say so to all. When I dont feel its a good product, I say so privately to the one with the product that asked me.

Im still not sure the critique or opinions here warranted yet another personal exchange. I say so as a fellow taxidermist and friend to many of you, not as a mod. Just my opinion, however...even if its not the popular opinion. 8)