1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Bronze

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AndyO, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Wondering if anyone has a lifesize bronze, or similar, that they would lease or put on consignment. I'm in the planning stages of my new studio and am looking for an attention grabber I can perch on a rocky water feature (whitetail, bear, elk, eagle, etc) I'm not in the sculpting business so I think a consignment would work very well for someone who has something collecting dust or would like some Midwest exposure. I will take care of all transportation, security and insurance for the piece(s) while in my possesion. I'm also willing to set up an artist display to help sell your work.

I'm all ears if anyone has other suggestion that may help me attain an attention grabber for my business. Thanks.
    Andy

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Why don`t you make one? I`ll allow you to sculpt over one of my mannikens if you like. I allowed Mike Boyce to use one of mine once.

3. Ken, that is a very generous offer! I would love to take you up on that when things settle down around here. I'm looking for something that I can get set up by mid summer. I believe the foundries are running around ten months for one time casts-- I may be wrong on that though. I'm swamped trying to get my studio built by fall. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask on the forums-- never know what taxidermists have hiding in their closets.

4. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Contact Roger Smith in Michigan. He had a lifesize whitetail last year and it was awesome. He just sold Modern Fur Dressing to pursue his artwork in more depth.

5. RStanton

RStanton New Member

you could consider using some cold-casting materials to make the item yourself.... probably not cheap but the time factor will be under your control.

6. JennR

JennR New Member

Try Aime Chen at [email protected] or 214-342-9514. She is in Texas. I went to their showroom at the Dallas marketcenter. They had alot of bronzes. Deer, bear, elk, horses. etc. Most were from collections they bought from other people.

7. I was thinking of that. If I cant get a bronze I will have to learn the process and knock one out.

Thank you! I will give her a call.

8. RStanton

RStanton New Member

Best of luck. WASCO has a DVD title with Paul Rhymer that discusses the subject. I have yet to do anything with it, but seemed pretty informative.