1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fred Gonzales needs our prayers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Brian Claar, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Fred will probably give me hell for saying anything but he is going to have a rough go for awhile. I could tell from the sound of his voice that something was very wrong. I can't imagine how he feels.

The rain caused massive flooding in his home town and has over taken his home and shop. He said the town looks like it's in a river. His family is OK but he has lost alot. He told me the entire lower level of his home is flooded and his freezers are floating upside down that contained many green skins. Luckily he moved his mounted stuff to the upper level and was able to save some things.

I'll try keep in touch with Fred and see if there is anything he needs.

2. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

Man that sucks! Unfortunately it is a bad situation and will only get worse. We got more predicted thru the weekend! Wish we could send it to Texas!

3. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Dang Freddy! Praying that it ends soon man. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. Thanks for letting us know Brian. Dan

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Dang Fred, I know all I can fo for now us send well wishes.... but when the floods receed and you have tonput things back together put out the call and the Calvary will come. Airfare to PA. Pant bad, I would live to come spend a few days helping a dear friend.

5. Dan

Dan One Year Old Already!

Good luck Fred. Hoping for the best for you.

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Sorry to hear bud for my brother-law also got nailed!

7. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Fred called me last night and said he got most of the water out now. He thinks he may have saved most of the skins that dumped out of his freezers. He has the freezers running on a generator now and is working on getting 3 more feet of water pumped from his basement. I have seen the pics and he must be heart broken. Most of the people on his street have had the same damage to their homes and it sounds like they are all working together to help one another.

Fred said they will make it through this but it's going to be hard for awhile.

Hey Frank, I know your right in the thick of things as well. How are you doing up there?

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Call if you need help.

9. I have a few spare capes if he needs them

10. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

Hang in there Freddie, we'll be praying

11. Hang tough Fred...went through the same thing in 2001, I know what you are dealing with. Let me know of any hide losses and if I have one to spare it's yours.

12. mammal man

mammal man New Member

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and kind words. We r doing ok and start clean up tomorrow. We have no power and cannot live in the house staying with inlaws not sure how long will be homeless. Will try to post pictures when I get a chance thanks again Fred

13. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to you Fred, and your family. I wish you all the best, and let us know if you need anything.

14. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Man, sorry to hear about all that Fred! Keep us informed on your progess. I'm sure the folks here and the ones that know you here personally will be glad to help out anyway we can. :)

15. Sorry to hear that Fred...let me know if I can help