1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gassing

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by tobey522, Sep 8, 2011.

1. I am new to the gassing process with a question. Does gassing leave the plummage smelling like the gas when the mount is completed?

2. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Gassing

It hasn't for me...i usually burn the excess off with a torch....lol...kidding!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. jlf

jlf New Member

No, it wont smell once the mount has dried all the way. Make sure you use white gas though.

4. Thanks guys! :)

5. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

White gas for even more flamable results...lol Is that the way they do it on the west side of the state?

6. jlf

jlf New Member

West side is the Best side..lol :D I only gas waterfowl now, upland birds get Liquid Cure. How's the East side doing it?

7. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

I'm just giving grief! ;D I've done it everyway over the years. Hate White gas...Besides the obvious health and safety issues, it dries out your bird so quickly, especially during our winters. You really end up fighting shrinkage in my opinion. If you do gas, white gas isn't the only way to go. Some of the best guys out there use strait up gas from the pump. Been there done that, just give me my soft touch flesher, dawn dish soap and my tumbler and you are good to go!

8. Thank you everyone! You've been a ton of help!