1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yost Fur Dressing - WT Capes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tgorenchan, Sep 8, 2011.

1. tgorenchan

tgorenchan New Member

Does anyone use Yost Fur Dressing in WI for their WT capes? Any information you can offer would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a new tannery for my WT capes. I'm having trouble with my current tannery with my capes coming back very thick with minimal stretch.

Thanks,

Tim

2. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

A lot of people like Yost and swear by them but about 25 years ago I sent them my entire seasons worth of deer capes, muleys and whitetails, after recieving a few trail orders of good looking black bears and flat skins. I got the completion bill and sent them a check. They held it this time until it cleared and then sent me the capes even a week or so after that and my repeated phone calls. Every cape was toast as in shedding hair like snow and overdrummed to useless garbage. Dozens of them; ALL of them. I called of course and was told to bad as in go pound sand. It almost ruined me at the time replacing them. I have been sending deer capes to Glacier Fur Dressing in Kalispel Montana for a long time and they have great service and a excellent tan.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I have had great service with Yost over the last few years, have only sent flats for buckskin and throws, havent used them for capes yet. But no problems here.