1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. I havent been able to hunt ducks as much as I would like or normally do this year which is a shame cause theres a pile of them around. Heres a couple pics of the last few outings

Sunday 3 man 2 hour limit- band was from the NW Territories. First one from there Ive ever seen
    [​IMG]

Sat hunt- a beginning taxidermist wanted a Barrows to mount. I had 10 land in the mallard deks over the course of an hour. Had a barrows x common drake land in the dekes after I was limited and just watching. head color of a barrows with a white patch where the cresent should be and the body coloration of a common goldeneye. Gotta admit I thought about it. LOL
    [​IMG]

Last weeks morning quickie before work
    [​IMG]

2. No seaduck hunters ???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Great birds Mike, I'm jealous! Haven't seen any of those for some reason here in ND. ;D

4. daniel

daniel New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: nice boids mike.....d....

5. H2OFWLR

H2OFWLR New Member

Utah
    [​IMG]

[/ihttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/H20FWLR/SaltLakeCity-20111204-00018.jpgmg]

My boys 2nd swan in two years. Sorry about the pic it was dark when we got back to the truck to get the camera?

6. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

1st Tundra swan
    NV
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/anylegalweapon/IMAG0048-25.jpg

7. johnb1

johnb1 Well-Known Member

finaly got my daughter on the bay.we had a blast!thanksgiving day.

Attached Files:

• t8.JPG
      t8.JPG
      File size:
      98.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Why go to Alaska for Euro Wigeon when there are plenty in the good ol' lower 48 ;D

[​IMG]

First one was a hoss, really nice dark throat.
    [​IMG]

Goal number 2 reached in dramatic fashion, a 60+ yard shot that dropped him down.
    [​IMG]

Great mixture of the two
    [​IMG]

Second day there was one bird on my list to go after, a euro X american Wigeon hybrid. After getting such a great example I went ahead and called it a day. For the trip total: 5 Wigeon with 4 shots, all birds taken while flying. Doubt something like that will ever happen again!

Eric

9. Alright Eric.....I gotta ask where? PM me the details!

10. mriggle

mriggle New Member

congrats eric, those are great looking birds!

11. Eric dont give away that spot! :eek:

12. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Too late. He already said it was in the lower 48, and in another forum he narrowed it down to the NW.
    TMI, now everyone will be flocking to the NW.

13. Or maybe it was New Jersey, can't remember ;)

Eric

14. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

do you have a extra to gift ;)

15. Other than my buddy being color blind it was a good shoot. Why he would shoot a hen with 50+ birds over the dekes is beyond me but oh well.

[​IMG]

16. You can always find one or 2 in Tillamook bay, Oregon but I sure the heck wouldnt travel there just to shoot one. Killed two outa there when I lived close. If its in the NW hit the saltwater bays that are filled with widgeon and listen for them there call is like no other.

17. NW Washington might be a good area to concentrate on, I know of three that were left alone to find the hybrid ;)

Eric

18. mn_jimmer

mn_jimmer New Member

Winner SD, 12-13-11. I'm in the middle.

Attached Files:

19. End of first half WNY. "Long-tailed Ducks", White Wing Scoters, and one drake Buffy

[​IMG]

20. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

looks like you had a blast