1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Had some good days. Was jacked up with my first drake 'squaw, but I dont think it's exactly prime plumage wise. No drake scoters either in the days we got into them. Soon....cant wait til second half

2. pataxi

pataxi New Member

Had a good morning. 3 of us were limited out by 7:15. 1st day of goose tomorrow, just sucks that I will not be able to get out.

Attached Files:

3. Wolfie101

Wolfie101 New Member

I've never had the chance to go hunting before until now. I shot two pheasants (friends shot the rest). I have about 5 to practice on now... I'm going to mount the first one I shot very last. I saved the shell I shot it with so I can put it on the mount, and write my name + the date on it.

[​IMG]

4. wings II

wings II New Member

...this is one of my favorite threads, we've really been enjoying all the pics folks post....I finally got out on a hole with a buddy this evening. It's Texas, so we were hunting in short-sleeved shirts. Unbelievably my better half is gonna let me go out again in the a.m. :)
    [​IMG]

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

shirt sleeves must be nice...my last trip out we literally had to drive the boat thru about an inch and a half of ice,for about a mile......then drive around in a circle for a half an hour to open up a hole...then every hour do it again...nice birds Matt

6. finally got out the last day here.

Rich

Attached Files:

7. I just got home from school a couple of days ago and hit the lake for some much needed hunting after a rough semester at school. Couple of good shoots the past few days, hopefully more to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Another good early morning. Done by 10 [​IMG]

9. wings II

wings II New Member

Love the goose display as well as the birds in the fall leaves. Very Nice Stuff! We've been covered up with Gadwalls this year, so the morning hunt was a smackdown on da' grey ducks....I liked this one, so I kept him.( because I've turned into a freakin' bird whore.)
    [​IMG]

10. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

that is one awesome looking gaddie

should make for a good mount !

11. That is a dandy GADDY! Rich tapes are on the way!

12. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Congrats on your first Rooster. That's awesome. Man, it would be nice to shoot some of those Gaddy's in color like that. Nice going!

13. babak

babak Active Member

wolfie101,congrats for your first pheasant hunting,nice photo,that GSP dog looks great!pheasant is my favorite bird,although i never had chance to get one or mount it !! should make good mount!

nice photos every body!! few weeks photos of hunting here in iran are in my friends cameras and my camera toasted few weeks ago,and now i have to buy another one,for it's not repairable,and the matter is $$$ !

14. Looks like everyone is having an awesome season so far this year! Heres this mornings take.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Finally took a break from the work and went out hunting with my son. Great day with a super mix of species. The Greater scaup that I was targeting was just a stud of a bird, huge body size and really bright. Mottled duck was a nice surprise because it all kind of happened while getting up on the Pintails. All in all a great day to get out with the little one for the first time this season!

His favorite duck of the group today, was a pretty sweet Mottled duck though.
    [​IMG]

Solo shot of the big Greater
    [​IMG]

Hope everybody has a great Christmas!!

Eric

16. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Whats going on here I wanna see some pics!!!! :) Are the seasons winding down all over or is it just the holidays. I cant get out much this year (cause i just had a son born tought to get away) and love seeing what people are getting. Our late season opened up today and it juat sucked, i fianlly got out and we only got a drake mallard and canada goose. Seen alot but they were what seemed like a mile in the air ...lol and wouldnt give use the time of day.

17. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas. I've been doing the family thing the past few das and finally got a chance to get out this morning. The wigeons have really moved in over the past week and I had a really good shoot this morning on them with a bonus storm wigeon. I'm going to have him done with my banded wigeon drake from last season. I love looking at this thread and hopefully everyone can keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

Th pile.
    [​IMG]

18. bickeljr

bickeljr Member

The duck hunting must be bad all over there is not very many pictures this year i know the hunting here in PA is not so good.

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Jordan,

Congrats on that Storms....very nice trophy for you. Way to keep after 'em! ;)

20. Couple of mallards and a bufflehead from yesterday.

[​IMG]