1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. babak

babak Active Member

thanks ,but they were unlucky!i ate them without skinning!!!!

2. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

not takin many photos but just this week i've put two geese down (nothing spectaular numbers wise) but both of them were banded.... season sucks here... its about over and the bird just aren't here.

3. Joshbritt

Joshbritt New Member

This year, I added drake and hen redheads, ring-neck, drake and hen lesser scaup, gadwall and gwt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KMA any time you want to trade a widg hunt for boring ole greenheads let me know.

5. wings II

wings II New Member

Great pics Babak and Josh....love the puddler trio hanging from the limb; congrats on your woodrow :) - a banded woodie still eludes me. :(

phutch mallards are never boring!! :D Well, it took the mallets a while to find the recently flooded timber (we've been in a terrible drought) but when they showed up we was ready for 'em.
    [​IMG]
    Here's two of the young thundercats I hunt with (they carry all the gear, I pack in a snack)....I'm behind the camera. It's been a tough season, so it felt good to shoot a 3 man limit on Greenheads.

[​IMG]

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

three friends with three limits of any duck is priceless. nothing but good times for this short ride. great pics man. hopefully ill have some tomm. going diver hunting in the am and sea ducking late am. should be good got the cold here the winds and were supposed to get our first snow of 3-6 inches.

7. wings II

wings II New Member

True Dat! That (and collecting specimens :)) is what it's all about. Best of luck tommorow.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

well i killed some bufflehead, oldsquaw and a prime drake greater scaup. boat motor broke down in the middle of the bay. drifted to shore. tossed out some dekes and still had fun. got towed in by my buddys that were outhere with us. man you should of seen us trying to retrieve the ducks with just one oar. the things a bird whore will do to get a duck.lol.ill try to post some pics tomm.

9. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

1 bird off from limits of all Teal.

Attached Files:

10. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

I spent most of the day looking for a place holding birds but everthing was iced in or heavy surf rolling in. Looks like my season is over.

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

that sucks brother. you better get some teenagers you know get them together give all a few bucks and get them out there to open you a hole. then you will see some ducks.lol.

12. Redneck Express

Redneck Express New Member

mn
    Them are some nice lookin teal

13. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Thanks, its the first time I have ever gotten a limit of all Teal. My buddy got the woody hen.

14. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Slim pickin's today for 4 of us.

Attached Files:

15. schenk

schenk Member

Wound up with 3 pintails and 2 mergansers and 1 drake mallard. Not the best day or worst, had a terrible wind. Gonna try it again tomorrow morning.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Wow! wish we got pintails like that around here!

17. schenk

schenk Member

I have some put up to Gift to some guys on here, and suppose to have some more coming, but not sure what shape they are in.

18. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Nice! Way to stay after them Schenk. ;D

19. schenk

schenk Member

We had a nice hunt today had 5 mallards down in 20 minutes with 2 guns. Ended up with 9 birds, 7 mallards. We coulda killed more, but next year there should be way more right?

20. wings II

wings II New Member

For the closing weekend of duck season I was invited to a Duck Club hunt in deep southeast Texas. Geographically, it's totally different to what I normally hunt and holds thousands of wood ducks. Here is a pic of the combined haul from all the members and guests that hunted in the flooded Cypress trees that weekend. ( I was gonna go for geese and sandhills in the panhandle this coming weekend, but it's the wife's B-day on Saturday, so this was the last waterfowl hunt of the season for me.)
    [​IMG]