1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. babak

babak Active Member

hey hi !!! thanks friends,no,not really,chukars are not the only species here,chukar are the most plentiful one but not only one,for clarifying you,pheasant and woodcock and waterfowls are living in northern areas around caspian lake,chukar ,hungarian p. and see see partridge and quails are plentiful in most of the areas,wood pigeon and rock pigeons are the other game birds wide spread in iran,lots of grouse family members like sand grouse and .... black francolin and some relatives are plentiful around persian gulf in southern areas and there is some sea ducks and most of the migrant waterfowls available there. but the dominant species in my mountainous region is chukar.
    thanks my friends for kind words,actually these are very encouraging for me,my friend DRAKE MAN out of compliments ,your canvas and wood ducks were great.
    A NEW NEWS OF MY COUNTRY,they filtered all of the american websites and they wanna make an intranet like north korea and disconnect us with the other places and news in the world,i opened this page with a anti-filter program for the first time!!!if they start their project probably i can not share my life with you and being with you for times but any thing is not permanent and for ever.

2. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hey Babak, what a shame it would be if you could no longer take part in this forum because of some stupid politics. :'( If they do so, try to make friends with a hacker who can get around the blockings. Remember, the best computer guys never work for the government ;).

Wouter

3. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

babak, i hope that never happens. It would be a great shame if we could not see your work. I wish you the best.
    steve

4. babak

babak Active Member

thanks my friends,

it would not be a problem,i will be with you by my soul and brain if it happens,we're used to live with all of these stupid politics,be sure this behaviors won't stand out much longer and every thing will getting better ! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;)WELL FRIENDS,let's continue bird hunting thread!

5. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Sage Grouse open this weekend . Seeing very few birds! I better get some pictures it may be our last hunt!

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
  6. babak

babak Active Member

oh ,no why?in my region some times and some where,specially in early season,you can not find even one bird but by passing the time flocks of this birds are coming!! this phenomena is happening even about short distance flying birds like chukars!! don't be disappointed!

7. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

They say the decline is a combnation of a lot of things . West Nile virus, loss of habitat, 2 really bad wet springs and a heavy snow year. In the spots that 3 years ago I saw several hundred birds I now see 5-6. However I did find a rooster this morning.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
  8. babak

babak Active Member

GOOD TO SEE YOUR ROOSTER,I HOPE ,HEARING BETTER NEWS.

9. Hunters

Hunters New Member

:)
    [​IMG]

10. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Its my last morning for Sage grouse here in Idaho. Headed to MT for some pheasant, sharpies and waterfowl till next week. My daughter with her bird this morning.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

Time seems to be standing still, still have 57 hours 30 minutes until our duck season opens

12. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Wanne see some bird than ;D ;D ;D

Snowy

Attached Files:

13. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D bet your shoulder was sore after shootin them honkers 8) ;D ;)

14. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Yup it was blue green and yellow for a week :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;Dget urself a nice low recoil gun ;D eh' 8) ;)

16. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi Snowhare, apparently you did some hunting abroad. At the moment there is a large scale extermination of wild geese going on in Holland, but barnacle geese are not supposed to be shot over here.

Wouter

17. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Wouter,
    Than you are wrongly informed , they can be shot in Zeeland , there they can get a permit to shoot um ,, it is a pest over there

18. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Cool Snow, I guess you need another freezer ;D

19. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

Dang Snowy looks like you had way to much fun :D :D ;)

20. babak

babak Active Member

hunting day starts,sun rises and it is cold.
    [​IMG]

first harvest,a large rooster that i shoot it early morning immediately after getting down from the car.
    [​IMG]

the other birds which we shoot'em .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    although we get 4 bird, here is three of them,the 4th bird hunted in last hour and no photo has taken.9 hour walking in deep valleys ,sharp steeps and high heels where this smart bird is living ,warm afternoon and very tired babak ,believe me i don't know why but they flush from 500 meters ;D ! the nature of where we hunted yesterday!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    after coming back from hunting, my FUTURE hunting partner get up and saying welcome to me,SHE IS BADLY SLEEPY HERE!!
    [​IMG]