1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D well done babak 8) i see you got your pup 8) ;)

2. alexm

alexm New Member

Nice Pup what kind

3. babak

babak Active Member

lee,tees valley,yes,i take it since she was just 20 days and now it's 35 days and very lucky and happy,for i and my wife love it as our kid "yeah,lee you can see her on a persian carpet,where just millionaires can put their a$ on ;D ;D :D ;) "!!!as a matter of fact,she need her mother but surely she feel secure beside us and never feel loneliness in my home. now,she plays a lot and most of nights i have to getting up and playing with her.

alex,it's a german short haired pointer .we dont have real breeders here in iran,but the mother of my dog is a pure GSP and the father is a mix of GSP and british shorthaired pointer,therefore maybe there is some treatments of british on it,but the characteristics illustrate that there is lots of similarities between sasha "my dog" and her mother,even color . there is a linkage between color treatment and some GSP qualities as i read in some references . any way,both father and mother was good gundogs and amateur breeder tried to find the best.

4. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Awesome pictures Babak. That is rough looking country. In that first pic only one of you appears to be fully awake! Keep the pictures coming.

5. babak

babak Active Member

ha ha!!! his eyes are sleepy always!!! drake man,look at that big chukar " in comparison with a 200 pounds person it was large enough" i did it because i was waken up and aware enough to see a sleepy chukar,it happens a few minutes after first photo !!!!

6. Fantastic pics and story Babak!! Great to get a glimpse into your hunting over there. Keep up the good work!

Eric

7. alexm

alexm New Member

I'll post a pic of my pup today took him to the vet just turned 6 months old 78lbs.

8. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Yeah Babak, that looks like a big bird! You gonna mount him? We don't have any chuckars where I live in Texas. Wish we did.

9. babak

babak Active Member

THANKS MY FRIENDS,AAR,ALEX AND DRAKEMAN!

alex,can't wait to see your pup! hurry up to post it's photo.

drake man i have lots of birds in the freezer from previous hunting season and i don't have time to work on them involve chukars ,grey partridges and wood pigeons and other small birds,NA,no i skin them for cooking!!!YUMMY!!!drake man,you need to travel to idaho i think to get this fast runners!

my friends,in us and europe,just tell me if do you allowed to reload your shot shells in your country or not?if yes,tell me how to ....

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

heres my opening day morning,,,4 chukar with one shot... :eek: ;D

plus 1 quail

[​IMG]

11. great goose opener, buddy Ryan not in pic

Attached Files:

12. rdasbro

rdasbro New Member

Hey Ron, nice chukars! See you are still using that old shoulder buster double. Did you have Sally O on them?

13. babak

babak Active Member

hey Ron,good job!!!glad to see a friend on chukar hunting :D ,did you shot them on the ground when they drank water ;) :eek: ??this is the only time a person can shot 4 just with one shot! ;D :eek: LOL,no really good photo,you scarcely can find chukars in the fields in iran,they are living in wild mountains and just come to lower areas to drink water and ....what size of lead do you use for them,we usually have few chances to choose a cartridge,shot shells are usually made in iran and Turkey,Turkey made are usually overloaded and not very good for upland and iranian are a little bit better,but we prefer to change them .i reload them my self with several amount of gunpowder for different seasons,1.3 or 1.4 gr. for early season and 1.5 to 1.6 for late . but i heard that's illegal in some countries reloading shot shells. if i could buy lot of guns,changeable chokes,variable cartridges,maybe i never do that,although it's enjoyable. guns are very expensive here,a range from 1000 us $ to 100,000 us $ :eek: in some cases,they are not holland & holland,just simply a doubled barrel browning in iran costs more than 20000 us $, i bought my iranian shotgun 2000 $ many years ago.
    Daniel callan,good photo,how ever i have seen all of them in FB ::) ;D ;) !!very nice

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

Hey Babak! Our country for chukars looks exactly like yours! ;) The pics were taken at the bottom of a huge mtn range of nothing but rocks cheat grass and sage, but the birds come down to water at a ditch- ;)

And yes, we reloard here as well. I used to have a big automatic press for reloading, but have gone back to more traditional ways of loading by hand with a "lee-loader" set, which is a small set of tools and sizing dyes to reload shells by hand. Its plenty for the amount of shooting i do. My ol shotgun in the picture cost me 285.00 about thiry years ago,, and i think its only up to about 400.00 these days lol! Its not a fancy weapon, but its one of those guns that fits me so well that i rarely miss- its only a 20 guage, but i tear up the birds less with it..

and Yes rdasbro,,,,,Sally-o got a work out lol!!!

15. babak

babak Active Member

well,great to hear all of them,yeah i've seen some videos of chukar hunting in idaho where hunters walked in mnts similar to our climate,but the other movies show hunters in flat private ranges for semi-domesticate pheasants and chukars,yeah i no u,you're man . your gun is a great one,very older american shotguns selling for 20000 $ or more in iran,where a medium income of families is lesser than 500$,horrible.

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

That is horrible!! I guess they want to keep the amounts of weapons small there! Here, you can go into just about any Big store or sporting goods shop and buy a CHEAP shotgun for very little, and the cheap ones shoot the same as the expensive ones, just not as pretty lol!

17. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

Opening day finally arrived with lots of hens and pinfeathered drakes. Good thing they are for dinner not taxidermy.
    Dan
    [​IMG]

18. Dad's pride and joy! (The kid, not the super prime woodies!! :))

[​IMG]

19. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

How Cute :) Nice wood ducks

20. ManHunterUSMC

ManHunterUSMC New Member

I can't wait to see what you do with those!!