1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011-2012 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by NWWINGS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. vincer

vincer New Member

An excelllent morning of hunting

Attached Files:

2. Babak, those pics bring back memories of chukkar hunting in southern Nevada. I'm hoping to get on some chukkar before I head east. Good job on those birds!

3. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    A completely feathered out opening weekend woodie. Must be an older bird.

[​IMG]

4. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

wow nice woody

5. nice photo...of a perfect woodie ::) :eek:
    Grats Pat ;)

6. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

X2

7. alexm

alexm New Member

Great bird Pat well got out yesterday it was great got some huge canadas and a limit of wigeons I'll post pic's tonight

8. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    Thanks guys. I spent more time scouting than hunting on Sunday. I didn't get out on opening day, Saturday, so most of the birds on the local wildlife area were already burned when I did get out. I shot a mallard and cleaned up someone else's crippled shoveler as well as that woodie. He was the only noteworthy bird though. I found a nice spot to go back and set up on mallards in a couple days too. Looking forward to the pics Alex. Sounds like a good hunt.

9. Redneck Express

Redneck Express New Member

mn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. alexm

alexm New Member

Heres my day out Thanks Nube

Attached Files:

11. Geez, that speck is all but black :eek: Great woodrow too, I've always found it funny a bird that has more colors than any plumages out faster than most. Ran out in the yard late last night like a dork after hearing some large flocks of specks flying in from this front, oh I can feel it coming!!

Eric

12. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Seems ya had a blast eh Alex , are you that olllllllllllllllllllllllll bolllllllllllllllllllllll one :eek: ;D :D ;) :)

13. swifthunter

swifthunter New Member

Went out this morning with my dad and hunting partner for snows. We got 30 and a little surprise
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

15. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

woodies that nice are hard to come by. Very nice!! Alex, you make me want to go back to Sask. to hunt again. You all sure shoot a lot of birds. Love the blue ross and it looks fairly mountable too. Nice bag Ron.

16. alexm

alexm New Member

Jim Just come here you can shoot and work and yes snowy I were a hat so not to scare the birds ;) What is it us old boys are getting out RON ;)

17. babak

babak Active Member

hi every one,

i envy all of you guys,waterfowl hunting is a dream for me,just look at dead dry lands even i couldn't find chukars,the only thing ofter a full day walking is this chickens!! look at me tired and disappointed!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

Nice Chukars Babak,, sound like ya had to earn em,, here the mountains are full of roads and trails that we drive around on, then jump out of the truck blazin away lol! well, sometimes anyhow..

[​IMG]

quack.... :D

19. babak

babak Active Member

hi Ron my friend,

yeah man i have to,.... we have lots of road webs on the mountains that have made by automobiles,road makers and local peoples with tractors ,... and i think the problem is here,our villagers and local peoples are weak on wildlife protecting culture and they have accessibility to all points of the mountains ,they hunt just for earning more meat and poultry and this is their aim of hunting . i wanna say a sample,because of dried up all springs of a wide area ,all of the birds of a region,are coming to a permanent one and local peoples know that,therefore very early in the morning they hide them self around the springs and shot'em all...... this will be the consequences.

20. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Still have 2 weeks before the season starts here. Yall are getting me wound up!