1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Making shark cartilage from epoxy resin

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by simond11, Sep 14, 2011.

1. simond11

simond11 New Member

Hi all
    I have recently acquired a GWS jaw from a collector here in South Australia to restore. Unfortunately the jaw has been kept in a garage in quite humid conditions, for the past 15 years.
    The lower sides near the joints are quite rotten, and I have removed the fiber, as far down as possible. I contacted Epo Grip and suggested I use one of their 2 part products to re-build the removed cartilage. They also told me the material can have dry paint tint added to it. Obviously it would need to be the same colour (or very close) to the colour of the cartilage.
    Can someone tell me what brand of paints these are, and where would I get them from?
    Regards

Simon
    Clean-a-Jaw

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I would ask Epo Grip,, , they should know of the kind of paint to tint with,, since they made the suggestion,, shouldn't they?

3. simond11

simond11 New Member

Thanks Mr T
    Yes, I have emailed them and asked them to suggest what they consider to be appropriate paints that will mix with their products.
    Waiting for an answer.
    Cheers

Simon