1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alligator skull

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bobbym1232, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

I may be in need of a gator skull from a 12'. Customer wants life-size but also a skull. Let me know if anyone has one.

Bobby

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

2. steamvalley

steamvalley some cleaned and dipped skulls

cheap as a dirt and lots to chose from on ebay.

3. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Most of those skulls on Ebay have been bleached, probably not properly degreased. And they are not cheap.

4. steamvalley

Well like anything you buy on eBay you need to ask questions to get what you want. I bought 4 last year as replacements for a customer that all blew there skulls up. I got them from a guy out of Lousianna he had one for sale on eBay and sold me the other 3 as a buy it now They were all from 7-9 foot gators and were good sized I had to degrease and whiten I paid 190 with shipping. And you could do the same with the cheap ones on there but you would have to re glue the teeth back in after you degrease and whiten.

5. bubba z

bubba z New Member

A 12' skull probably won't be cheap or easy to find as most people don't sell ones that big. A nuisance trapper is your best bet. Scaveretta on here may be able to find you one.

6. steamvalley

20" skulls look like they are gonna run you about 100-150 and there looks to be about 30 of them on ebay. A few may need some work on your part but there are a few that may just need some whitening.

7. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Mold his head and make a rerpo head then clean his skull for him. Not a tough mold to make

8. bubba z

bubba z New Member

I don't know exactly how they are measuring them on eBay but if it is from the front of the jaw to the end of the jawbones in the back 20" isn't going to be close to a 12' gator head. I found a guy with one that he would sell but he is proud of it. It is a raw frozen head off of one a hair over 12' but he wants 300 for it plus shipping . Of course one that big isn't near as common as smaller ones so is probably worth a lot more. I can find smaller heads and ones 10' and under for full body mounts pretty cheap but when they get that big people usually want to keep them.

9. eurosbyRT

eurosbyRT Skull Designs

Look up campdavidhc on here or google it camp david hunt club, He might be able to help, he helped me out when I was in a bind, great guy to deal with, you can trust him also.