1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

7 MM Mag

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Railman82, Sep 18, 2011.

1. I have a 7 MM Mag rifle for sale or trade. It's in very good condition. Old stlyle Ruger bolt action with the rear saftey. Ruger rings included. I'm asking $375.00 plus $20.00 S/H I have lots of photos. I take Paypal for a cash deal. I'd consider an X large tanned elk or kudu cape. A couple large black bears salted skins or anything of similar value. PM me for more photos. Thank you Steve

Attached Files:

2. cyh5775505

cyh5775505 New Member

good rifle,think to buy a refle until have gun permit :'(

3. Yeah and we take our 2nd amendment right for granted. We are lucky. Steve

4. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

That is a nice rifle, the rugar. I have that particular rifle in 22-250 for squirrels, 300 mag for big game, 30-06 for deer and 25-06 for deer down to squirrels. I load the 7mm Mag ammo for my brother and the ballistics for that caliber are nice. Put a 120 grain ballistic tip out at 3400-3600 feet per second and watch the critters fall in their tracks. I would buy this rifle,but I am all spent out. That is a good buy there. If I was still living in Montana, I would go pick that one up right now. I paid $600 to just get my 22-250 Rugar last year. Those Rugar rifles are so dependable and nice to hold. It gets my blood flowing to just look at another one here. ha ha Good luck for the buyer of this one.

5. Rob43

Rob43 Member

You actually use a 22-250 and a 25-06 for squirrels????

6. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    pm sent :)

7. Yeah this one is a shooter too. I just got a new Browning in 300 ultra mag. The wife said something has to go. I think the 7mm might be be a little big for squirrels though. LOL.

8. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

You can use any gun you want for squirrels,but yes my favorite squirrel shooters are my Howa 223, Rugar 22-250 and 22 Mag and also 10/22 Rugar bull barrel. When I use the bigger guns, I load them down. Like 25-06 you use 85 grain nosler ballistic tips and do the same for any big rifle. When you want a 300-500 yard shot with the wind bucking you, then a big gun stays there where you aimed. Wind blows your shots with the small calibers when it gets going like 20-35 MPH so shooting is always the challenge with squirrel shooting for sure. Shooting squirrels with your deer rifles makes you a better shot with themcome deer season. 300 ultra mag is a big gun and my brother has the 338 ultra mag and I sometimes load him some 180 grain bullets flying out of that canno around 3700 FPS. He shot a deer one time with it and that thing flew like 15 feet up into the air he said. ha ha That is like squirrel shooting.ha ha He bought the gun for Moose and Bears in Alaska,but he hasn't made that trip yet.

9. gottahunt

gottahunt New Member

ever sell it

10. CJ64

CJ64 New Member

i have a wet tanned black bear cape with life size form is that any thing of interest?

11. 180 grain bullet at 3700 fps? Is that in a 50 cal?

12. jlf

jlf New Member

PM sent. Have XL tanned elk cape. :)

13. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

The Great Outdoorsman, 3700 feet per second it is for the 338 Remington ultra magnum rifle for a load of 180 bullet, you bet. Look it up in the reloading manuals. You can get some terrific high speeds with lots of knock down power with anything loaded over 3100 feet per second in most small calibers like 308, 243, 30-06 etc. I load for speed with less than heavy bullet for each of my rifles of different calibers and they all are deer dead in tracks killers. Loading your own, there is nothing like it, but then the books or reloading manuals give you all that for safety reason's. reloading is more than making all guns like magic, believe me!