1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

In Trainning

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by muddobber, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Here's my 4yr old that will not stay out of my shop. She's there from start to finish on every deer I mount. She finally persuaded me to let her put the wet look on the nose. She may try to mount one one day. She sure is interested with her dress up close and all. :)
    [​IMG]

2. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

She's a doll. As focussed as she is she will probably be doing it all by 6. My 2 year old is helping all the time....he loves it. Down the road-

3. Be thankful and proud she is taking an interest in your craft. I have 2, ages 9 and 10 that could care less bout taxidermy. I hate it because my daughter has some amazing artistic talent and could probably do really well in this industry.

4. Very cute picture!!! I've got a little 2.5 year old girl that loves looking at the stuff on the walls and pointing out different animals. Sure is a lot of fun....great pic!

5. awesome!!!!!!!!

6. Outstanding. She looks to have a bright future. Enjoy it they grow up faster than you think.

7. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

That's great !!! My daughter started in the shop when she was one and half and at 19 she is still there she is my inspiration. Keep her there as long as you can.

8. that is so cute! best pic i have seen on this site thus far. You should display that pic in your shop. :)

9. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

my little girl is three and love to come down and help. the first thing she does is put on her gloves then digs right in. she likes to think she is a big help. she does help quite a bit though she's a cleaning nut like her mom and is always sweeping the floor. her two brothers 15, 10 could care less they dont even like to hunt hopefully they will change and she wont lol

10. phoenixx

phoenixx New Member

Just make sure people know that a 4 year old isn't going to mount their deer! LOL

11. timwilly

timwilly I lost my agenda !!!

I have two sons, 16 and 20. When they were younger they spent countless hours in the shop. helping with everything from sewing to painting.
    They discovered girls and I haven't seen them since.......P.S. If anyone has seen my boys tell them their Dad needs some help !!!

12. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I know what you all are talking about. I love having her in the shop. Now she is the baby of 4. My oldest is 14yrs old and is the artist of the family. She has no interest at all. My 12yr old she come out to the shop and watches, but still has no interest. My 6yr old all she does is sweep, but this one here is a hands on helper. In the way most of the time, but I don't want to break her spirit. She knows every step to mounting one. She's always asking when are you going to do this? And that will be the next step. I don't want to get my hopes up to much. When she gets older we'll have to see what happens. Timwilly I'll let you know if I see your boys anywhere and phoenixx I think I'll let her work on the ones that want a cheap price!!! :D :D :D

13. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

LOL.

14. Cameraman

Cameraman Member

i have a two year old son all he thinks about is dirtbikes non stop.