1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyote

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by duckmounter, Sep 18, 2011.

1. [​IMG] Nice yote I trapped last year that I'm getting ready to do.

2. Wolfie101

Wolfie101 New Member

Pretty yote.

3. alexm

alexm New Member

ouch!!!!!

4. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Love the dark coloration on that pretty boy.

5. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

Cool pic !

6. Really don't like the look of these traps, they look really painful. I hope the animal is shot asap

7. X2

8. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Not nearly as much pain as that coyote regularly inflicts on it's prey.

9. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I have nothing against trapping, I have done it myself for may years now.

But, I do find it to be very distasteful to take pictures of any animal when they are wounded in a trap. Seeing animals in obvious pain is never a nice thing, why would anyone want to remember it by taking pictures of it?

This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to start anything, and I'm sure you didn't mean to either.

Regardless, that is a nice coyote and congrats on the catch, they can be a challenge sometimes :)

10. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

You guys sound like a bunch of PETA nuts ::)

11. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Well, made a good amount of money as a kid back in the early 80's trapping, so I am all for anthing associated with hunting and or of taking game myself. I dont find the picture offensive, BUT!!! DONT BE SUPRISED!!!!! To find your pic hijacked and used as propaganda by those that are against it, to further there cause.

We have to gaurd our priviledge like never before guy's.

12. X2

13. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Is that a Missouri coyote? It looks like an eastern.

14. trappermatt

trappermatt New Member

sry but if he was in pain...he wouldnt be standing on it 9 times outta 10 a fox or yote is laying down peacefully until they hear or see you comming. them traps are designed to make the foot go numb! and that trap looks offset

15. What a beatiful animal. I love eastern coyotes.

16. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

That trap hold is picture perfect. It has the entire foot in it. Not on the leg but right on the wrist. Foot is numb doggy feels no pain. Only thing he feels is defeat. I love trapping and trapping is one of the toughest things to be good at there is. To fool an animal into stepping on a 2"x2" or 1"x1" pan is a great accomplishment exspecially a k9 as smart as yotes. Ethical trappers aren't half as cruel or inflict half as much pain as mother nature can. This yote went down humanely. Good luck with the mount.

17. I don't like the look either but I really can't adjust her in the trap to take a good looking photo now can I ? I run my trapline every morning at daylight so the critters donot have to stay in the trap any longer than they have to. Also after alittle while their foot goes numb anyhow. trapping is cruel in some ways but so is hunting and fishing and killing of anything in nature. I still like being out there and doing it all but the older I get it does way on my heart strings more and more every year. I have always been in the woods doing this stuff since I was five. If I offend people on this taxidermy,hunting,fishing site it goes with our job and recreation so you better get into a new profession maybe pet grooming would be a good one for you.

18. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I agree with you 100% Daniel. Very well said. Big difference between being a "PETA nut" and exercising a little common sense.

19. Normally, I don't like leghold traps as I've heard alot of horror stories about animals chewing their foot off to get out of them. However, I'm going to give leghold trappers the benefit of the doubt and assume this only happens when animals are irresponsibly left in the traps for long periods of time because the trappers don't check them daily,but most trappers do check them daily so, maybe AR(animal rights) just overexaggerates the problem I guess.. Also and forgive me if I'm wrong because I just need brushing up on my animal body language skills,but that coyote actually looks quite relaxed to me and more curious than anything. I don't see any fear or stress.

If you guys want to know about real inhumane and irresponsible trapping,then go to the wolf sanctuary I used to volunteer at and hear the story of how one of the wolves got there. Long story short, someone trapped her in a bearclaw style leghold trap, shot her but not enough to make sure she was dead, and just left her there to die and she was slowly bleeding to death when a friendly vet stumbled upon her and treated her to save her. To add to all this, she is a Mexican Gray Wolf, a critically endangered subspecies of wolf which makes this even more irresponsible.

So,in conclusion,what duckmounter did is nothing in comparison to what that horrible human did to Mystery(the name the sanctuary gave the wolf when they took her in).

20. More wolf re-introductions... :mad:
    Shoot, shovel, and shut up.
    Hopefully it was injured enough to not be re-released.
    That vermin'll be in Texas before you know it.