1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"AIR" mounts only

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Fantastic mounts. Thanks for sharing. To me, this is what taxidermy is about.
    Terry

2. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Great ideas and mounts everyone.
    Terry, the first time I saw pics of your mounts was at the Lanai check station.
    In the bird section there was someone looking for an Erkel's Francolin, maybe you can help with that.

3. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Heyena s they are the best , but that just me :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , i have seen um up close to see that they look superb ;) ;)

Snowy

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Awesome thread!

6. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

I vote for the leopard and the ''sprinbok'' is that what kind of antelope that is ???superb!!!!!

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Yes, it's a springbok.

8. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

those are absolutely amazing!!! I love looking at mounts that show action. I'm definitely gonna try some of those air mounts but on a smaller scale, bobcats and foxes or something of that size. awesome thread please keep posting, and thanks for the ideas.

9. Dennis your work is absolutely amazing!!

10. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Any instruction on how these large mounts attach to eachother? Must be some THICK rods with the lions and kudu.

These mounts are a great inspiration, that's for sure!

I've talked about a mature sika stag lifesize skin with 2 sets of sika hunters now. Need 2 real nice eastern coyotes. "Drama on the Delmarva". Canis latrans meets cervus nippon yakushimae in the marshes of Dorchester county MD.

11. timwilly

timwilly I lost my agenda !!!

I've seen the leopard and the springbok picture before and I still think it's one of the nicer "air mounts" by Dennis.
    To me it just catches the moment and has such a great flow and pizzes me off that I'm not that talented...LOL.

Cool thread !!! Absolutely killer mounts !!!

12. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Not many of us get the opportunity to work with leopards, lions, tigers or even wolves. But don't let that stop you. Any animal, no matter how small can be an air mount, such as the squirrel below. From my experience, people remember a great air mount for a long time and it sets one apart from the crowd.
    Right now I'm working on a mongoose that has surprised a blue pheasant, and they are both airborne.

Attached Files:

13. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Pheasant
    [​IMG]

14. *

I like that one beter than Chucks, you notice you can't see the wire, but you can see the wood base
    How is that pheasant holding onto that wood, the G force must be incredible, he's got some strong legs.... ;D

I guess you didn't like the way that one turned out EH ;D J

15. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Pheasant? Nope, Chuck Testa.

16. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

This is a durabliltiy test we run at MST. To be considered for this program the outstanding balance must be delinquent. You'd be surprised. I had to throw it three times to get the right photographic angle. It held up well and is back on display. LMAO!

17. PluckyPossum

PluckyPossum New Member

Maine
    These are all so amazing! As a newbie to taxidermy I feel so inspired as well as overwhelmed looking at these! I hope to someday be able to post on here with pride, still have a long way to go though : )

18. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio
    attended dennis' seminar a few years ago at th Ohio show...scaled it down...WAY down

Attached Files:

19. *

That is a cool piece ;D
    I like that !

20. timwilly

timwilly I lost my agenda !!!

After seeing Justin Ps Pheasant I may have a new favorite air mount......too funny !!!

That mink and muskrat is "inspirational" to say the least...great mount Ojibwa.