1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A few questions about coyotes and taxidermy in general.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by JoeHamden, Sep 20, 2011.

1. JoeHamden

JoeHamden New Member

I am doing a study on coyote hybridization in West Virginia and I am in need of skeletal (the skulls would be amazing) and soft tissue samples and was thinking that local taxidermists might be the best place to look. So before I ask someone face to face I wanted to make sure I had a bit of knowledge about the subject.

1. Are the skulls of the animals always used for mounts or are "forms" used?
    2. What is done with the soft tissues or the skeletal remains if they are not used?
    3. Is coyote an animal that is usually brought in to be mounted?
    4. Would you as a taxidermist save skulls and if so what would you consider a timely pickup of said items?
    4. Should I bring beer when I visit individual shops and ask silly questions like those above?

Especially would love to hear from anyone in West Virginia but anyone with information that would help me gather the needed specimens would be greatly appreciated.

Also a special thanks to RDA for pointing me to a better place for this and giving me some information already.

2. Huntress

Huntress Member

You might want to contact your state trappers association for a request like this. They might give you contact info for trappers in your area....I'm sure they would at least give phone numbers for the ADC trappers near you.

http://www.wvtrappers.com/