1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Official statement on Steve Favour's cause of death!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Superpig, Sep 25, 2011.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very well spoken Harley. Let us not let Steves death be in vain, instead we can use it to save future gun owners.

I'm finally all lone in the shop today so I guess it's sinking in. The last few days have been so hectic that I have been able to do my usual "block out" but just last hour I was in the back yard here at the studio looking where my new building is going to be erected and I had a question..... well on business questions and opinions Steve was my go to buddy. I grabbed the phone snd it slapped me like a ton of bricks, I can't call my buddy, friend, hero and role model for advice anymore........... WHY!!?!!?!

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Thanks Evelyn, as a survivor of a gunshot too it is unbelievable how fast something like that can happen. You have no reaction time. A half inch either way could mean life or death or dismemberment. It is just so sad.....

3. Like Harley and Harry I too am in the gunshot club , as a matter of fact Harry and I have had a little fun over my accident , and Steve and I had discussed My accident and also when Harry had his accident, and thank God we all made it through, its ironic , its sad , we all take for granted these things , but just look back the close misses we have all had , Harry is exactly right , An inch either way may be the difference , just a cpl of cents for thought . ED

4. It hurts my heart that I didn't get to know this man who I have seen labeled as wonderful, generous and kind. Steve recently reached out to me and offered to gift me an item. I was so touched that this complete stranger would actually give something away to someone he had never met - just to make them happy. I was so shocked in fact - that I thought it was a joke. It saddens me that I am jaded to the point that I can't see someone being nice to me - just to be nice...without wanting anything in return. I thanked him kindly, but didn't accept his offer.
    I wish I had the opportunity to have had him as a friend. I can tell from the posts here that he was a genuine friend to those who were lucky enough to have known him. He has inspired me to be more generous with my time and my "things". I hope I am able to honor his memory by helping a stranger and making their day - just as he did mine by just reaching out to someone in need.
    My prayers are with his wife and children - and the friends that loved him so.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

This is so sad.

6. my deepest sympaties to the family