1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wearing a bit thin with SOMEONE

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by George, Sep 26, 2011.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Ken, I don't know if it's Outdoor Hub or the program,but navigating the site is almost impossible with a DROID.

I've learned not to touch the screen when it opens. The GMC ad has the "X" moved but that's not the issue. Unless I expand my view 600% or more, I can't hit that minute damned little "X" to clear it. But that's just the beginning. The same applies when I try to delete a PM or "mark as read" any thread. God help you if you want to make a correction to your text. ANYTIME you touch the right hand side of the screen for ANYTHING, the McKenzie ad comes up. I use half my battery life closing McKenzie ad.

Now I know advertising pays for cheap asses like me to view the site, but couldn't those ads be SEEN and not HEARD UNLESS YOU MAKE A CONSCIOUS REQUEST????

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Hi George. I'm sorry the ads and tiny buttons are so irritating. I also operate the native web version on my iPhone so I know what you are going through. Unfortunately, pages designed for big computer screens can be difficult to navigate on a small phone screen. That is why we have an app to make the Taxidermy Net Forum work much better on your smartphone. You should go here and install the free OHub Capfire app for Android:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkouthub.activity&hl=en

[​IMG]

This will eliminate all of your problems with the small screen, and should improve your experience when using your Droid to visit the Forum.

3. 24/7

24/7 New Member

George, same problems with my blackberry. I don't hav a pc so I hav to use my iphone. Ken will this same app work on any iphone like a blackberry. Not real savy on the electronic front!

4. dhart

dhart Active Member

Droids, I-pads, Blackberry..........what the He!! planet are you guys on? I just have enough problems working this here old computer.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

D, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but with computers, if you rest, you rust. Not only will you rust, you won't be able to ever move again. Likely, your PC is already outdated and many of the programs that you've become comfortable with or that you have stored on disk, won't even play on the new one you bought without buying an expensive cross-link program. With the Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, and Droids, having to buy uplink modules or sticks has gone with the slide rule. With my phone, I can get myself lost and still make a call, monitor the Taxidermy Net, AND click on a self-contained GPS program that will tell me how to be found again. With the new computers, SKIPE not only allows you to talk over the internet, but lets you see who you're speaking to at the same time.

My advice for you is to trash that old clunker and then you can wait for 3 days while the Taxidermy Net does an 8 hour update. LMAO.