1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shave and a Haircut???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bmdakk, Sep 29, 2011.

1. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Got a Potential customer who shot a piebald doe and wants to get the full hide tanned for a rug to drape across his couch. The problem is he says the hair is different lengths and wants it shaved to all the same length.I can send it off to be tanned , that is not the problem, Ive just never heard of anyone giving the hide a haircut, Would you do this? How? what would you charge?

2. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

the hair is different colors down it's length
    Aint going to work anyway you do it....

3. I wouldnt. Hair is different colors at different lengths and if you cut or shave it down it may look worse than before. (when I re-read it sounds funny hope you understand what im saying about the length)

4. Dennis you beat me too it we were typing at the same time

5. bmdakk

Gotcha, Thats what I thought.

6. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Shave and a Haircut???

You should tell him of he didn't like the cape he shouldn't have shot it!! Seriously, its nature...why not leave it in its entirety???? Kidding on the first part!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    "Shave and a Haircut ... two bits!" Sorry but it was ripe for that one!

Hair color varies within its own shafts, let alone the undercoat is a different color from the top coat. Tell him it will not make the hide look uniform, and will only destroy the natural beauty of the animal, plus ... it is just not done.

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

The customer is always right. Lol, of course they are. Sometimes customers that know more than the taxidermist are best to find your competitor to do the job...if you get what Im saying... ;)

9. bmdakk

;)

10. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Bill I agree, but in this case maybe he should let his competitor have it, mess it up....and then he can have the future business!! :D

11. Bill Yox

Lol, uh Josh? Reread what I wrote. Thats what I was saying, lol. :D

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I concur with Bill. Maybe a little teaching lesson with a smile will inform the hunter about winter hair coming in over summer hair.

13. bmdakk

Well I think he might've found someone else to do it. I explained the hair deal to him and he said he doesnt want it to be shaggy, To which I said , Good luck!

14. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

Tan the hide then hand him the clippers!

15. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Shave and a Haircut???

Gotcha bill...i don't know what I was thinking...hmmm. Sometimes I have a scatter brain!!

16. Bill Yox

;D Think, whats think? 8)