1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oil Eater(Incredible stuff)Pics added

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by speedbuggy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CA Trapper

CA Trapper Member

I should have a damaged bear skull in the next couple weeks. I've decided to test this stuff on something tough. Progress pics will be coming in the near future.

2. bmilla35

bmilla35 New Member

Laquer thinner sounds like an interesting idea...I used it a lot when I worked in a carpenters shop. It's nasty. My dad took a shot of it once!!!

3. justinj

justinj Member

your dads a dumba$$

4. X2 not real smart

5. bmilla35

bmilla35 New Member

He's certainly reckless at times..

6. After 3 change outs..............the racoon skull............LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!!!! Not sure if this stuff is that great. Ill keep working on it!

7. Are you seeing grease suspended in the liquid?

8. Not much for suspension, I think the water has turned a slight yellow tinge but over all Im not impressed.

9. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

Thanks for bringing this stuff up. Got 2 stubborn boar skulls wanting to try something new on. This might do the trick.

10. Almost a week on a steer skull and not seeing much grease, im a sceptic now

11. yea..............its pooo pooo

12. How are you mixing it?

13. Doing a full coyote, here are some pics of how the water looks when I change it out. Sorry cell phone pics

[​IMG]
    First change out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 10 gallons of water to 1 cup of oil eater.

15. I'm mixing it about 1/4 -1/3 cup per gallon.

16. speedbuggy.......can you do me a favor. Take a picture of the oil eater container. I want to see the label and make sure I bought the same stuff cause I am getting ZERO reaction with my skulls.

17. http://www.oileater.com/

18. Blue Tick

Blue Tick New Member

Have you noticed any issues with bone deterioration or flaking? I'd like to see those pics bigger.

19. No none at all, and I wish they were bigger too. I will try to get some pics on my big camera next change out.

20. Blue Tick

Blue Tick New Member

How long have you been leaving the skulls in, in between changes? Are you completely rinsing the skull and allowing to dry before putting back in?